UBB.threads
Posted By: Randy Liebeck Tschako Construction - 12/07/2015 05:52 PM
For the Polizei tschako experts out there: I know that the officer rank Schupo tschakos by Erel had some cloth padding behind the eagle. Was this feature unique to Erel, or was it standard for all manufacturers? I have obtained (via Craig Gottlieb) a "private purchase" non-Erel example (unknown manufacturer - no markings), without the padding and was wondering if this indicates it was tampered with/eagle replaced at some point.
It has the officer style silk & calfskin lining, so I know its not converted from an enlisted version.
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Tschako Construction - 12/07/2015 11:09 PM
All officers tschakos were to have the padding behind he plate. However, these were nearly always lost over the years and now most examples in collectors hands dont have them.

Bill Unland
Posted By: Randy Liebeck Re: Tschako Construction - 12/08/2015 07:26 PM
Thanks Bill. Now I just have to spend the next 10 years trying to track down a paradebusch for it!
Posted By: Randy Liebeck Re: Tschako Construction - 12/09/2015 12:07 AM
I've been trying to post photos of the tschako, without success. One more attempt:

Attached picture Tschako.jpg
Attached picture Tschako 2.jpg
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Tschako Construction - 12/09/2015 12:16 AM
Nice looking tschako. Looks like it was never used.

I saw a parade bush for sale on German e-bay a couple of days ago. May still be available.

Regards,
Bill Unland
Posted By: ORPO Re: Tschako Construction - 12/09/2015 03:28 PM
Yes, this one has the officer grade interior and the "proud" eagle as is proper. This is a nice example Randy.
© Your new forums