UBB.threads
Posted By: kyles bullets Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/23/2013 09:41 PM
Any idea on value of one of these? I have the opening to buy one but can't find one for sale.... Any help would be appreciated....
Here is the picture of the armband as well....

Looks period to me and it was reissued post war!!!

Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/23/2013 09:44 PM
I just noticed the concern of the stadtwacht side being on the inside of the armband. Look how the top and bottom has the fold over on the earlier part of the armband...
Posted By: Vern Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/23/2013 09:54 PM
Did an internet search for "Stadtwacht armband" and found a couple for sale priced at 70-95 euros wink
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/23/2013 11:33 PM
Thanks for your help Vern! Not sure why I didn't find that in my search. If you saw this armband for sale would you buy it?
Posted By: Vern Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/24/2013 12:17 AM
An interesting armband reissued for postwar use. If the price is right, it would be a good addition to a collection wink
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/24/2013 12:55 AM
My thoughts exactly.... thanks Vern!
Posted By: JoeW Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/29/2013 07:23 AM
Originally Posted By: kyles bullets
Any idea on value of one of these? I have the opening to buy one but can't find one for sale.... Any help would be appreciated....
Here is the picture of the armband as well....

Looks period to me and it was reissued post war!!!

Or perhaps vice-versa. The Ordnungsdienst/PDM marking appears to me to be pre-III Reich and it was reissued in 1944/45 to the Stadtwach of the city.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/29/2013 10:00 AM
So it would rather be a very early stadtwacht instead??
Posted By: JoeW Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 09/30/2013 11:08 PM
No. The Stadtwach was an end of war/1944 creation to supplement simple police functions. But they were sucked int the Volkswehr in 1945. This was apparently an older armband found in the Police Department in Munich and recycled as a Stadtwach armband in the end.
Posted By: kyles bullets Re: Price of a Stadtwacht armband?? - 10/01/2013 01:09 AM
Thanks for this info! I learned something today so it made today worth while!
© Your new forums