UBB.threads
Posted By: Sepp Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/07/2010 02:31 PM
Folks could you please tell me what you think of this visor. Here is the link,and Thank You for your replies.

Regards,Sepp

GDC 0292 Gold

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-W...?hash=item5886f7477b
Posted By: militarymania Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/07/2010 02:36 PM
sepp,,it looks to MAYBE had an eagle on the band,,,could be good,so if you can score this cheap enough,,it might be well worth having & taking a chance on it,,,Robert
Posted By: Sepp Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/07/2010 03:24 PM
Hello Robert, Just what I was thinking,can always buy an Eagle for it later. Thanks again for the reply.

Regards, Sepp
Posted By: militarymania Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/07/2010 11:54 PM
good luck with your bidding,Robert
Posted By: Sepp Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/09/2010 02:04 AM
Hello Robert...I asked the seller if the visor had an eagle, and was just removed to sell it on e bay... he said yes,but would not come with the visor. However, he did say that if I were the high bidder he would sell it to me for $20.00.

Sepp

GDC 0292 Gold
Posted By: crowbak Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/09/2010 03:13 AM
I am no expert and could be wrong but...
shouldn't there be more piping ? Around the top and bottom of the cap ?
Posted By: Sepp Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/09/2010 01:07 PM
crowbak...I to,from the beginning was wondering the same thing. I have looked for this same type visor for a few days on the net...with NO LUCK. I have seen many officer type...even have books showing the officer visors, which have 3 rows of red piping..found two enlisted but they had 3 rows of red piping as well???I won't bid on this one until I find one like it no matter how cheap it might be.

Thanks Sepp

GDC 0292 Gold
Posted By: Jiri Libal sr. Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/10/2010 11:44 AM
Definately NOT form TR era. As Sepp said, there must by 3 carmine piping (1 around the top and on both sides of lower part (welt?, flange?) for all ranks of FW...
Posted By: stonemint Re: Help with Fire Police Visor - 04/11/2010 05:37 AM
Agreed. It is a West German Feuerwehr visor. Sweatdiamond was probably plastic, and the reason it is missing.
© Your new forums