UBB.threads
Posted By: hanswurst interesting photo - 02/06/2008 02:55 AM
This is a very interesting photo I picked up..

Attached picture scan0001.jpg
Posted By: W.Unland Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 04:29 AM
Hello,

Looks like an army/Waffen SS uniform, what does the cuff title say, and what is the badge just above the cuff title?

Regards,
Bill U
Posted By: hanswurst Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 05:00 AM
One thing I can make out is a police sleeve eagle... I am going to my friend shop to get the sleeve area blown up some..
Posted By: W.Unland Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 06:24 AM
Well the cuff has two words, maybe motorized Gendarmerie, but the specialty badge I really have no clue. Some kind of SS diamond????

Bill U
Posted By: hpt Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 10:16 AM
My eyes aren't what they used to be, but could it be the Steuermannabzeichen, which was also worn on the left sleeve?

That would be interesting...

Hopefully the original print will have sufficient definition to allow confirmation.

hpt
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 12:28 PM
Great Photo..... I enlarged it on Photoshop, but it just 'pixellated' out.

Can't tell what the cuff, or rating / raute, really is.

Looking forward to seeing the Photo enlargement for sure! .... Txs, Dave/dblmed
Posted By: ORPO Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 03:06 PM
I betcha that this sleeve insignia is a Mountain Troop Eidelweiss. Notice his boots and the Eidelweiss on his cap.

Nice photo!
Posted By: bernd Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 06:37 PM
The Edelweiss sleeve patch was normally worn on the upper right sleeve . This Patch ,since it reflects , could be a army drivers skill award in silver metal , that was normally worn on the lower lefthand sleeve.
Posted By: hanswurst Re: interesting photo - 02/06/2008 07:47 PM
Here is another of him , Nice single button mutze

Attached picture Polizei-10_edited.jpg
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: interesting photo - 02/08/2008 01:14 PM
Interesting picture! Very well could be the Edelweiss since it was called for on the lower left arm of the tunic about 1 cm above cuff or perhaps the DW(?) cuff band in this case. Certainly be nice to know exactly what that cuff band is for!
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: interesting photo - 02/10/2008 05:26 AM
I was searching another forum and I ran accross the listing for the album these pictures are in. The picture below was used in the listing (I cropped a little off for posting here), which provides a little better detail. It does appear to be an edelweiss and above the DW cuff.

Attached picture enlarge2.jpg
Posted By: hpt Re: interesting photo - 02/10/2008 10:03 AM
Well done Dave: I agree.

Mystery solved.

hpt
Posted By: hanswurst Re: interesting photo - 02/10/2008 05:04 PM
and above that is a drivers badge..
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: interesting photo - 02/11/2008 05:07 AM
Yeah, I thought there looked like more on that sleeve...what a stacked sleeve! I'd just like to have that one sleeve!! A nice one!
© Your new forums