UBB.threads
Posted By: Kolibri Police officers arm-eagle - 07/19/2008 05:10 PM
Hallo,

I want to share with you this officers eagle. The underground is grey, not the fieldgrey of the Wehrmacht. It's a nice original piece and I have some asks:

1.For what? Verwaltungspolizei? No other possibilities like Geheime Feldpolizei or something else? For the fieldgrey tunic or for the policegreen tunic?

2. What's the value in US-Dollar for the moment?

Regards

Kolibri

Attached picture Armadler.JPG
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/19/2008 05:56 PM
Hello,

That is a very nice eagle original officer's sleeve eagle.

A gray backed eagle would have been used by an officer of the Luftschutzpolizei, and would have been worn on a Luftwaffe style gray uniform or flight blouse. Here is a photo of such a uniform in wear:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1653059744...960076655#4960076655

These gray backed eagles are rather more difficult to find than a standard police green backed example so their value would be a bit higher than ordnungspolizei version to an eagle collector. Unfortunately, as they were used by a "non-combat", "non-SS" related branch interest would vary from collector to collector.

If you are interested in selling it I would be most interested, as I am primarily a police eagle collector. (e-mail: nz6w-unln@asahi-net.or.jp)

Best regards,
William Unland
Posted By: Kolibri Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/20/2008 06:14 AM
Bill,

thanks for the info and thanks for the link. Yes, the eagle is a nice piece of artwork. Do you know something about the underlay colour of collar tabs and shoulderboards in the Luftschutzpolizei? Was it perhaps orange or green?

Regards

Kolibri
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/20/2008 07:29 AM
Hello,

The Luftschutzpolizei officers wore green or carmine tabs and shoulder boards of Luftschutz type.

Carmine was worn by the firefighting groups and green by all other branches. Perhaps black tabs were worn by rubble removal units, but there are just no references to be sure. Regulations are hard to find on this group.

Regards,
Bill Unland
Posted By: Gary8 Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/21/2008 08:30 PM
Kolibri

Please show the ther eagle as well that you have, it is also a very nice eagle.
Posted By: Mikee Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 12:02 AM
Hi Guys,
I now nothing when it comes to this stuff, but thought to ask since it was being discussed. Sorry if I've gotten the thread off track if it's not the same type. From the picture would this be the same type shown? Thanks.

Attached picture Luftschutzpolitzie.jpg
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 12:34 AM
Hello,

No, the eagle shown in this photo appears to be an nco's colored thread embroidered eagle. it IS an interesting photo as I'm not sure exactly what is going on. His cap and trousers seem to be dark blue for a fireman, but he is wearing a green tunic. My best guess would be a member of the Feuerschutzpolizei, or armed fire police, but this is an odd uniform combination.

Regards,
Bill Unland
Posted By: Kolibri Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 05:57 AM
Gary8,

what's a ther-eagle? I'm not sure, what you mean.

Regards

Kolibri
Posted By: W.Unland Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 06:20 AM
Dear Kolibri,

I think Gary means any "OTHER" eagles you might have. He and I like to look at police eagles! I guess he has seen another eagle that you have on another occasion???

Regards,
Bill Unland
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:38 PM
Here my 2 Police Officer's eagles on LW dark blue wool backing .

Attached picture MVC-046S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:39 PM
..and a little closer !

Attached picture MVC-039S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:39 PM
..and it's backside .

Attached picture MVC-040S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:41 PM
..and a little closer again !

Attached picture MVC-041S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:43 PM
The 2nd eagle shows much wear and seems to have been 'ripped off' the tunic!

Attached picture MVC-042S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:45 PM
..and now again a little closer !

Attached picture MVC-044S.JPG
Posted By: bernd Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/22/2008 04:46 PM
..and now again the backside of this one .

Attached picture MVC-045S.JPG
Posted By: Kolibri Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/23/2008 06:34 AM
Nice eagles, bernd.

Gary and Bill,

unfortunately, I own no other police-eagles. All my other eagles are from the Wehrmacht (army and airforce).

Regards

Kolibri
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: Police officers arm-eagle - 07/23/2008 12:07 PM
Kolibri, I have to say that is a great looking example of a gray backed Luftschutz example, very nice! Am I seeing correctly, are some of the orginal stitches from uniform attachment still in the edge? And do you have a photo of the reverse?
© Your new forums