UBB.threads
Posted By: JoeW 1977 fakes - 06/01/2007 05:39 AM
I can't remember if I had shown this before on the forum. I came across this 1977 dated advertising page from a company called Warner's Military Specialties in Surrey England. Notice the variety of police pennants available, starting with the white/red eagle "traffic" on the right> The photo is black and white, but I believe the next ones are green/white eagle,blue/yellow and red/white.These pennants of course still turn up today on forums. Notice the other goodies.

Attached picture May_31,_2007_(2).jpg
Posted By: ORPO Re: 1977 fakes - 06/01/2007 02:11 PM
Joe,

Thanks for showing these old reproduction catalogs. Always very informative!

I remember that I always bought the latest House of Swords catalogs in the 1970s to see what Joe Walter was faking that year. It was always well worth the money to keep from getting stung on the latest and greatest fake. I still see some of his stuff peddled at almost every show. As a matter of fact, I saw a guy hawking one of his "Medal of Honor Winner" Civil War Presentation swords at the last KC Military show. Of course he wanted $6,000 for the fake but nobody was buying. I wonder if he was an old scammer or an old scamee???
Posted By: Marcus Re: 1977 fakes - 06/01/2007 09:25 PM
Joe,
thanks for showing these fantasy and reproduction armbands etc. I did see one of these "special" water police armbands sell resently. The quality looks pretty good, even on old b/w halftones.

Someone visting a German fleamarket sent me this photo a while back.

Marcus

Attached picture Reichssicherheitsdienst.jpg
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: 1977 fakes - 06/01/2007 11:31 PM
Wow Joe, now that is an interesting add! Not to mention all the cuff bands but Repro HJ and SA armband too!!

Marcus, did you receive any better pictures or close-ups of any of those individual named eagles? Hmmm, wonder what the blue embroidered eagle was supposed to represent! Big Grin
Posted By: W.Unland Re: 1977 fakes - 06/02/2007 12:04 AM
Hello,

Not to stray from Joe's original subject too much but I THINK the modern repros shown are this type:

Regards,
Bill Unland

Attached picture Adler-008X.jpg
Posted By: Gaspare Re: 1977 fakes - 06/02/2007 12:46 AM
Man that Police pennant,,white with the reddish gold eagle was all over up here in the Northeast for sale as originals in the late 70s..Also Manions and other auction houses had them, as originals of course Wink.

Same thing with that SS 'hanger' at the right.. MANY of these are in big SS collections.. Question:, were they reproductions? or fantasy pieces.. I've seen a few of them, ALL claiming to be originals all EXACTLY like the one in Joes ad...........,G.
Posted By: JoeW Re: 1977 fakes - 06/03/2007 12:47 PM
Gaspare, I would call them properly fantasy. Notice the SS pennant on the left end. There are other variations, like the SS Panzer ones of multi-color manufacture, even with RZM tag.
Posted By: Huntzman Re: 1977 fakes - 06/04/2007 02:28 PM
What bothers me also is all the BGS (German Federal Border Police) patches listed with these reproductions in the flea market photo.

Sad world........ I guess they made so many nice and colorful police eagles to appeal to the unsuspecting buyers in Technocolor!!!

Marcus: Anyway to re-scan the photo and increase the resolution. The insignia is all labeled and I, like Dave, would be interested to know also what the "Blue" eagle denoted. Also, interesting to note that the Panzer is a 3 feather.

Andrew
Posted By: Huntzman Re: 1977 fakes - 06/04/2007 02:42 PM
Marcus

Disregard, I was able to work on the photo on this end. It is labeled for:

Medical Doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek

Happy Dave Wink

Andrew
© Your new forums