UBB.threads
Posted By: militarymania FELGENDARMERIE ARMBAND,,OPINIONS WANTED - 04/02/2010 04:30 PM
my opinion is no good,but would like others to let me know what they thing of it,,,many thanks,,Robert

Attached picture FG_ARMBAND_1.jpg
pic 2

Attached picture FG_ARMBAND_3.jpg
pic 3

Attached picture FG_ARMBAND_2.jpg
Posted By: JoeW Re: FELGENDARMERIE ARMBAND,,OPINIONS WANTED - 04/03/2010 05:01 PM
I would be curious why this post-1939 Heer Feldgendarmerie brassard would bear a document ink stamp of a pre-1936 Prussian police prasidium.
This is an interesting armband. Do you have pictures of the inside with the side of the letters?
Posted By: W.Unland Re: FELGENDARMERIE ARMBAND,,OPINIONS WANTED - 07/01/2013 04:05 AM
The printing ink is poor, too thin and runny, and as Joe said a Weimar stamp on a war time brassard is very odd. Also, why would a civil authority authenticate a military arm band. The stamp just doesn't make any sense at all.

W.Unland
I have seen some weird stamps so far with one being a jar on a party armband... but now I am turning to bad because I just noticed the yellow is ink which is very sloppy...

It's not a matter of weird stamps. A stamp of a civilian city Police HQ has simply nothing to do with military police. That's it. More often than not "weird" stamps have been added to both phoney and genuine items to fetch a higher price.
Again, it's not a matter of sloppy printing, this style of armband just didn't exist.
These repros are still available (being sold as such) on the market.
MP
© Your new forums