UBB.threads
Posted By: DASH UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 12:08 AM
Hello - I have what I believe to be a Schutzpolizei tunic, and was wondering if anyone could give me more information on it without a photo.

TUNIC:
* COLOR: Police green with dark brown collar and cuffs.
* PIPING: Light green.
* COLLAR TABS: Medium green and silver, with twisted silver piping.
* SHOULDER BOARDS: Plain unpiped sewn in, green uniform color, with twin silver cords with diagonal brown stripes, wrapped around boards 1 inch from shoulder end.
* BUTTONS: Pebbled aluminum.
* POCKETS: 2 upper pleated with scalloped flaps and buttons.
* POCKETS: 2 lower unpleated with scalloped flaps and buttons.
* SLEEVE EAGLE: Light green police eagle with black swastika, left side.
* 8 button front, 2 buttons on each cuff.
* 4 button fancy split/piped rear, top buttons accept belt.
* Marked "Po 1940" and "Mohr & Spe(yer?), 45 98 69, and 76 86 40.

Also:
* Would a green and dark brown other ranks police tschako display properly with this tunic?
* What color (belt, police bayonet scabbard, pistol holster) is appropriate?

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you!
Dan
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 12:33 AM
Dan,

Sounds like a Schupo M36 tunic form your description...I think. Take a look at the Schutzpolizei Uniforms thread pinned at the top of the forum.

Correct tschako visor & top color would be black. Same with belt, holster and bayonet frog/scabbard..all black. Hope that helps.
Posted By: DASH Re: UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 12:46 AM
Dave - Thank you for the information. I thought I lucked out with the brown trimmed tschako, which I bought separately. I assume that the correct tschako should have a GREEN body with black visor, top and chinstrap. Any idea of the rank?

Dan
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 02:04 AM
Dan,

Sounds like it could be Meister. Are there brown and silver cords crossed in the middle?

I would post a picture, although once again this forum is being a problem with uploading photos. Really frustrating...

Lets try this way, see page 2 of the linked thread, posts 2 & 3...does that look like the one?
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1653059744/m/8840001694/p/2
Posted By: DASH Re: UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 02:43 AM
Dave - Yes, the tunics are basically the same in color and cut. The differences are:

1) My eagle has no town name or different edgeing color.
2) The cloth on my tunic seems to be a heavier quality.
3) And probably most important, my shoulder boards are much plainer, with no piping. The boards do have two silver cords however, about the thickness of a pencil, sewn together and crossing the boards from front to back. They in turn have very narrow brown lines crossing at a 45 degree angle, forming "V"s where they meet in the middle. These silver cords are abou 1 inch in from the shoulder edge of the board.

Dan
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: UNIFORM IDENTIFICATION - 01/22/2009 01:05 PM
Dan,

I was only talking about the rank strap in my previous post and trying to reference an example in the linked thread...sorry about the confusion.

I'm still unable to load a picture, wonderful forum performance and they wonder why participation is slow...

Anyhow, would you have a picture you could email? If so, my email is [email protected]
© Your new forums