UBB.threads
Posted By: DIRKIO1 Veryfing advice on Police shake needed - 04/11/2008 10:05 AM
Hello friends,
I was at a deal here in Germany which offered me a very nice looking police shako. it is grey with the big eagle on the front and has black visors. it has in the insde a manufacture sticker on the bottom of the helmet und a leather around it. also he has the police sword with the eagle in the grip. I wounder now, since I have no idea if this is fake or real( I rather check with you since there is quite some money involved.
What aspects do I have to look for to see that the shako is real? are ther any markers ect on it? Any ref material to look at?
I will get pictures on monday when I visit him again.
Thanks for any help and keeping me out of trouble!
Dirk
Posted By: Gendarmerie1 Re: Veryfing advice on Police shake needed - 04/12/2008 03:51 AM
Dirk, I would suggest running some searches on the police forum here for shakos. There should be many examples posted of both other ranks and officer grades. And also view the pinned threads at the top on Schupo and Gendarmerie uniforms. You may also find some police swords in threads here and also check the German Sword Forum here at GDC.

I regard to the shako, a grey body doesn�t sound correct, as a typical Reich period example should be covered in green wool with either black or brown branch denoting visors and top. Perhaps the example is from another period and was converted. If the liner is not to brittle, take a peak underneath since it maybe dated.

When time permits, pictures will greatly assist us in helping you!
© Your new forums