UBB.threads
Posted By: anonymous 123 Cuff Title Maintenance - 01/25/2006 04:37 PM
I recently acquired this cufftitle and,as you can see,it's quite wrinkled. What are your recommendations in regards to removing the wrinkles and for long term storage so it doesn't happen again?

Attached picture cfront.jpg
Posted By: Tim Schreiner Re: Cuff Title Maintenance - 01/25/2006 05:54 PM
It will take years to fix. I recommmend that you send it to me to fix. Big Grin

Seriously I would find a big heavy book and place it between the pages, and leave if for a while.
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Cuff Title Maintenance - 01/27/2006 05:08 AM
Or you could place it in a double deep rikker mount, I use the double deep ones to gently bend the ends around rather than fold them flat under, as that can damage the bevo ones and the bullion on the RZM ones. I suppose you could use an extra large one too. Having the glass against it would press it out flat a bit.
Posted By: anonymous 123 Re: Cuff Title Maintenance - 01/27/2006 04:08 PM
Thanks Jerry:
I did go ahead and flatten it out as much as possible and put it in a rikker mount for now. I take it trying to iron one of these isn't a good idea?
Jim
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Cuff Title Maintenance - 01/27/2006 09:54 PM
You are correct: Irons are a BAD IDEA especially with the Bevo ones, they can leave a odd shiney surface to the band material. Stay away from steam & water too on the RZM ones, it will work to flatten them, but then is can wreak havok with the bullion strands. Some where I have a RAD armband that I wrecked that way...
Posted By: Robert H. Re: Cuff Title Maintenance - 02/19/2006 12:01 AM
Iron level cotton, very important to put a cloth towel over the cuffband or whatever you want to fix. Just a little little mist on the towel surface and iron just for seconds over the surface, check on it if the result is better otherwise go over again just for a view seconds. Never stay with the iron on one place and never ever to long.

A very nice cufftitle you have Jim
© Your new forums