UBB.threads
Posted By: EASYRIDERS RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/16/2006 06:46 PM
IS IT WORTH IT TO REPLACE A MISSING GRIP ON A RAD OFFICERS DAGGER. WHERE WOULD I FIND ONE IF IT IS?

JS
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/16/2006 11:00 PM
Yes it would if the dagger is complete.Try Wittmann's or Johnson's site and I would e-mail a request as it might not be listed.Good Luck and welcome to the site Cool
Posted By: Anonymous Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/17/2006 03:27 PM
I don't want to discourage anyone but in all my years of doing restorations I have never found an original replacement set that fits the specific dagger I was working on. They just about have to be made from scratch, and that involves lots of work. But there are lots of things that one can do if one wants them bad enough.
Posted By: PAULZAYA Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/17/2006 10:27 PM
dont have his phone number but a fellow named swainson can repair a rad grip to the point that it looks like it was never repaired.
Posted By: EASYRIDERS Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/17/2006 10:44 PM
A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RESPONDED. I DOUBT IF I WILL FIND AN ORIGINAL GRIP SO A REPRO WOULD DO. KNOW WHERE I MIGHT FIND ONE? THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!!!!!!
Posted By: Ronald Weinand Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/18/2006 05:08 AM
Don Swanson of Columbia, MO. is able to repair RAD Leader's grips to the point where you cannot tell they have been repaired. He also is great on restoring sharpened or rusted Damascus blades, to include re-gilding the mottos, leather work, grip rewrap, etc.
Don will be at the MAX Show with a table showing his work and, otherwise, contact me and I can provide his contact information.
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria
Posted By: Landser Re: RAD OFFICER DAGGER GRIP - 09/18/2006 08:47 AM
That kind of information is really interesting & helpful Ron. Maybe this kind of info on who can do what & how to contact them should be pinned at the top of this forum for easy reference. It would sure be useful & save a lot of trawling or repeated questions from people needing this kind of help. Just a thought.
© Your new forums