UBB.threads
Posted By: tiep Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/19/2009 03:51 PM
I know theres 2 types cloth and vinyl, I think the vinyl looks more humidity proof. Any sources? Thanks T
I think T.Wittman , T. Johnson , Craig G. and there at any major show
Posted By: tiep Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/19/2009 05:37 PM
Thanks Ed, ya know I can navigate to Whittmans but those other 2 sites are impossible for me to find them. Any tips. They just dont have them listed if they do they arent under supplies ,hobby essentials, etc. I didnt really want the Whittman type, vinyl is my preference. T
http://www.johnsonreferenceboo...oragebags/index.html

Old listing?
Posted By: Dave Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/19/2009 08:56 PM
Don't forget that what keeps humidity out can also trap it inside !

Dave
Posted By: tiep Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/19/2009 09:16 PM
Yeh, but doesnt it pay to store them when its low humidity and those silca packs are in with them? Thats what Ive been doing.Any trapped moisture is drawn to that. T
This is where I buy my cases from http://www.acecase.com/knife-cases/

Jim
Posted By: tiep Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/19/2009 11:45 PM
Wow,ZO6Berlin thats a great deal! Thanks much. I usually see the ones I want on ebay of all places. usually 6 for $69.I can use some of those still, regards T Big Grin
Great prices and made in the USA.I've bookmarked this site.Thanks for the info
Posted By: tiep Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 07/27/2009 03:28 PM
Really good folks there...they said 2 weeks to man and deliver, I had them in about 3 days!Smile
Tiep,
Be very careful about storing your daggers in those bags i did with a silica bag in each one Army, SA and both had some form of corrosion/ staining one year later. It might be the material or even moisture getting through the material being attracted to the silica bag. All i do know is i never had a problem since i displayed them in a wood case with glass top and a silica bag 5 years running now and no problems on any of my daggers. another thing too is now i have the blades coated in wax so that too may be a factor where before i just used simichrome.

EW
Posted By: tiep Re: Who makes/sells those nice vinyl dagger cases? - 10/29/2009 08:07 PM
Eric , thanks for the tip. Wink
Tom Wittman does not carry those shiny vinyl cases anymore except if someone ships one to him with a dagger in it to sell. Tom has the cloth ones. Check out his site. Also rice is a good deterent for moisture. I keep an open ziplock bag ( about a cup full ) of rice at the bottom of my display cabinet, hidden in a corner. The combination of a wood cabinet and rice has helped me alot but only in a controlled environment.
I'm more of a firearms guy than a blade man, but I'd never store guns or blades in any sort of pouch, case or sack. I don't want anything that could store moisture against the metal.
quote:
Z06Berlin

Berlin is correct. Ace bags is where Johnson gets his and can be had at a good price in bulk.

You will have to check if they have vinal.
© Your new forums