UBB.threads
Posted By: Maestro "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:19 AM
well, a gut feeling is usually right, but mine was all twisted with excitement to realize what was going to happen to me. in short i was scammed $700 by this guy and i hope by this post a new collector, like myself, not having the foggiest idea would not be taken by this person(s)/criminals. It all started with this email:

Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Old German Militaria

Hello:

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS,SA, Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, Wehrmacht and HJ). I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, let me know.

Regards.

Shipwrecks.Research@yahoo.com
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:26 AM
My curiosity requested pictures of his daggers.
He/She/They?? then sends me pictures of daggers available (i'm going to post a few to alert only)

Attached picture SA_Dagger___Case.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:29 AM
ss dagger he says he has

Attached picture SS_Dagger2.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:30 AM
hj dagger

Attached picture HJ_Dagger2.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:31 AM
heer dagger

Attached picture Heer_Dagger.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:32 AM
Luftwaffe Dagger type 2?

Attached picture Luftwaffe_Dagger_type_2.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:33 AM
Kreigsmarine Type 2 (?)

Attached picture Kreigsmarine_Type_2_handle2.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:34 AM
blade

Attached picture Kreigsmarine_Type_2_blade.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:35 AM
so i was considering it when his second email comes:
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:21:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Old German Militaria
Hello:

Do you have an interest in the daggers ?. Yes or not ?.

I am waiting for your answer.

All the best.

Pawel
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:38 AM
like an (well you know!) i reply, interested & he sends this email:
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Old German Militaria/Credentials and Prices

Hello:

Thank you for your answer. These are the prices:

1. SA dagger - 180 Euro.
2. SS dagger - 250 Euro.
3. HJ dagger - 160 Euro.
4. Kriegsmarine dagger - 220 Euro.
5. Luftwaffe dagger - 200 Euro.
6. Wehrmacht dagger - 220 Euro.

All the daggers are ORIGINAL/GENUINE. I do not sell fakes or reproductions.

Let me tell you something. I am not a collector. I got the items as a payment for my research work. I am an archivist and I live in Poland. I am 31 and I was educated in the University of Lodz (International Public Law Faculty). But my main interest is archival research. Diving and sailig also. I spend a lof of time in the archives and museums. Where I have a lot of friends. For example I know Cmdr. Ltd. David Watters who was a Deputy Director in National Maritime Museum in London. I have also friends in Ministry of Defence in UK. I am sending to you some of my credentials and references I have got in English archives. I hope it will help to trust me a little. If you want I can also send to you my EU Passport and EU Driving Licence. I can also get more items in a cheap price and we could work together. As I could get them from my friends here.

If you have an interest, keep me inform and I could have a proposal for you.

Anyway, let me know what you think about it.

All the best.

Pavel
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:40 AM
well, at this point i felt something was wierd, but did i stop, no i continued on.. & here's his next email:

Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 03:22:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: payment/Bank Transfer

Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear we could make a first deal and cooperate in the future. I am sending to you my actual EU Passport. I hope it will help to trust me a little. I am sending to you my bank account information as well as my mailing address. I accept 700US$ for thouse 3 daggers. And when we make this first deal we could make another with the other daggers or other items in the future. As I said before I am looking for someone I could cooperate in the future as I can get more genuine items from my close friends. As a payment way I prefer bank transfer. As a delivery method I prefer recommended courier mail like DHL Express Mail or Fed-Ex. I do not use PayPal. PayPal service is available here from June 2005 but we can only send the money this way now. We still can not receive the payment.

That is my bank account information:

My full name: Pawel Nowak
Name of the bank: Bank Millennium S.A.
Bank account number in IBAN format: PL37116022020000000086279795
Bank Swift Code: BIGBPLPW

Address of the bank:
Bank Millennium S.A.
(Departament Bankowosci Detalicznej)
Al. Jerozolimskie 123A
02-017 Warszawa
Poland
My mailing address you may need in the bank:

Pawel Nowak
Ul. Piastowska 20/41
97-500 Radomsko
Poland
I am waiting for your answer and I hope we can proceed it without any delay as I want to make more deals with you as soon as we finish this one.
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:45 AM
his so called documents!

Attached picture Ministry_of_Defence_1.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:46 AM
now why am i not thinking this stuff can be produced from anywhere!

Attached picture Ministry_of_Defence_2.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:48 AM
and it goes on for another 2 pages (don't want to bore you), and another rediculous letter:

Attached picture Richard_Larn.jpg
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 05:06 AM
so he sends me his passport picture without me asking for it, it should have been obvious now! (its too big of a file, so i had to truncate it):

Attached picture ID_PAS~2_edited.JPG
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 05:15 AM
so he gets the money, but i don't hear from him so finally he sends this email:

Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 02:46:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Money Recieved-Parcel

Thank you for your answer. Please accept my apologies for not contacting you sooner but I was away home and I had no chance to check my mail. The money finaly arrived and I will send the parcel tomorrow or on Saturday morning. The same moment I will send to you an e-mail with the shiping information.

Okay ?.
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 05:18 AM
well, i finallyget it & his last response is:

Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:29:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Parcel sent !
Please accept my apologies for not contacting you sooner but I was away home, staying with my family. He is in a hospital and I had to take care about my family. I am low of spirit. But please be informed that the parcel was sent to you by SAL Mail. The parcel was deposited in the local mail office. As they said - there will be a clarification and clearance delay due to the matter of the items. You must understand - all the items made before 1945 need to be check by the custom office before they release the parcel and forward to the customer. I am not a thief !. I have many friends in US, UK and France and I never lost any parcel. Sometimes it takes time for the delivery - but the SAL mail always deliver their parcels. If you feel uncontent - I can resend the funds and you resend the items.

I am waiting for your answer.

All the best.

If you want I can send to you the link to the SAL mail. Let me know.
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 05:20 AM
so there you have it Gents. my loss your gain. i'll stay in my fantasy world & pretend the shippment is on its way & will arrive any day now... yes.. but it won't be his.. you win some & you loose some and that's how things are balanced. I hope you will not make my mistake & i hope i've provided useful information for novices like myself to not loose what you don't already have! peace out. =)
Posted By: ww2411 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 05:34 AM
This guy is a well know rip off artist, sorry you had to learn the hard way! but didn't you notice all the pics are on different backgrounds? There is a dealer in the UK that got take for about same amount with his passport pic included on his web site with a different pic but same name and addy, I'll try and post his web page addy so you can get some info what he did and let him know your story, He has the police invovled. I received a email about 2/3 weeks ago from this guy.
Posted By: Degens Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 09:11 AM
Meastro,
Here a few previous threads on this low-life, even a google search returns more bad news than you can shake a stick at, what amazes me is he still uses the same name, even though half the collecting community has his name at the top of their hit-list.
He has been banned from this site countless times on alias e-mail accounts and logs on purely to scan for new members and their e-mails, its high time this information was blocked for good on an open forum!!.
Sorry you have been burnt, it would be handy to post all relevant information you have like current e-mails, phone numbers etc.

Pawel Nowak
Posted By: X11.com Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 12:52 PM
Hi Y'all,

I guess "our boy" is still at it and probably reading this right now! I just received this from him this Morning. What a Fisherman! I hope he catches what he deserves!!

Skipper

quote:
Hello:

Ich biete deutsche Auszeichnungen/Insignien, Helme und Bajonetts/Daggers an (WK1 und WK2). All die Gegenstände sind originell und in gutem Zustand. Ich verkaufe sie zu einem sehr günstigen Preis.

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers. I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, let me know.

Regards.

Posted By: Walter Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 02:43 PM
Since Pawel Nowak's address shows he live in Radomsko - woj.Lodz you should contact by email the Lodz Police fraud department: pg@lodzka.policja.gov.pl.
In case if they will not react or answer, you may also contact Polish National Police Headquarter complaints department in Warsaw skargi.kgp@policja.gov.pl.
Just remember to CLEARLY state your name, address, phone number (most likely they will call you) and your email address.
If your will send just anonymous grievance, it will be ignored.
Polish police treat very seriously all kind of internet frauds and scams.

It's about time to end the "happy" activity of this scumbag who brings the bad name on Polish collectors and sellers.
On July 15 I'm going to Poland for couple of weeks and will see what could be done with this guy.
I'll take the liberty to copy all posted images and comments and show them to good friend of mine who is the high-ranked officer in Warsaw Police Headquarter, but without direct complaints of victim(s) there's nothing to do.
Posted By: Walter Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 04:31 PM
There's also another way to deal with this guy:
If he will offer you for sale something you think is a very good deal and just can't resist to send him your hard-earned money, just ask him for the copy of the exportation certificate/permit.
In Poland by the law anything made before 1945 cannot be sent abroad without special government permit.
Each item should be precisely described and sometimes the photo must be attached.
To get such permit is a REAL pain in the a$$ because of bureaucracy and waiting period (usually couple of months).
I'm pretty sure he will NOT provide it and you get the picture.

Just DON'T agree the item will be sent via any other European Community country since it's very easy to avoid the custom control and no certificat is required.
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 08:36 PM
I would suggest playing him along. Ask all kinds of questions, request more pictures, argue about postage and almost buy the piece. Claim the money has been sent and make up phony transaction number. Then claim the money was sent back, etc etc.

Dave
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 10:14 PM
Boy..this guy does not give up..you have to realize that he makes a good living at this, running concurrent scams 20-30 a week..

This criminal makes 7-10,000 a week on this... a WEEK fellas..

And...this gent has been visited , and had the living crap beat out of him(from what i understand, a solid 10 minute tuning up from three irate rather large Europeans
..)

so, no matter the risk, it is worth his while to continue the scams..
Posted By: LEGION Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/19/2007 10:47 PM
I remember this guy from Eban back in 2000-01 he made a killing despite having numerous negatives he still continued to sell medals from $20-75 claiming they were "old"! A friend of mine bought a war merit first class from him back in 2001 and the quality was so bad the pin fell off! He was eventually kicked off but continued to return under different alias..He will get his one day!
Posted By: Gaspare Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/20/2007 03:12 AM
I think Walter's idea with his Warsaw Police friend will do some good as in at least putting a damper on this guys activities!

Hey Pawel,,your here,,,and reading this,,,don't think someone won't make a trip over there and 'help' you to stop,,tickets to Poland are pretty cheap and it could very well be worth for them to get a little 'satisfaction' to ,,lets say re arrange your teeth for you.............
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/20/2007 04:18 AM
thank you walter, dave, gents. i like walters idea, & i will followup with a complaint. who knows, maybe it will do some good!
Posted By: Lionman521 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 06:30 AM
I received email with the same initial offering from the same guy. I'm somewhat new to this forum.Even changed my screen name twice because I closed out my old internet service provider and couldn't remember my password.Glad I didn't bite;like swords instead ! Regards
Posted By: sdp Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 10:11 AM
I've seen that SS dagger before. I'm sure there's a another picture of it somewhere here on GDC.
Posted By: sdp Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 10:16 AM
.... and found it... our old friend Matthias Fritz... same picture and all...!

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/728099473/m/5270075074
Posted By: Degens Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 10:31 AM
Pawel Nowak = Mathias Fritz

Now why wouldnt that suprise me !!
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 12:21 PM
They might be ripping off the same pictures, but I don't think they are the same guy.

Dave
Posted By: sdp Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 06:21 PM
I don't think they're the same people either and both of them live in a different country.

Could this be the same Nowak?

http://www.jref.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-7412.html

If so, he's been at it for a while. His name is ringing a bell for some reason... maybe it will hit me soon...
Posted By: sdp Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 06:22 PM
Posted 3/21/03 by Pawel Nowak Tomasnowak@hotmail.com
I have a Japapenese sword with the XVIII century blade. I would like to sell it for the reasonable price, if you are interested or you know someone who might be interested in such sword, please let me know.I do not have a knowledge in that area,but I want to sell the sword for the fee of $450.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/swordcollector/swap.html
Posted By: sdp Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 06:28 PM
Another forum link:

http://www.treasurenet.com/f/index.php?topic=19457.msg126118
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 06/21/2007 07:42 PM
same guy..same bullsh*t..
Posted By: Hells Highwayman Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/01/2007 03:20 AM
thanks you guys sooo much for this info i was almost scamme di put a pic of the ss dagger on an ss forum and it turns out it is somewhat fake thank god there are people like you guys that warn others.... and Maestro im sorry for your loss when he send me the email i thought it was tooo good to be true. thanks again guys
James
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/01/2007 06:05 AM
awsome James.. i feel great knowing i helped someone with this post... my loss will hopefully prevent others from loosing to this (these) crook(s). it appears he prays on new members.. as soon as i joined, he solicited me & i fell for it.. glad it helped! ~Maestro Cool
Posted By: Jan CZ Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/02/2007 05:12 AM
Yesterday I received this E-mail, I think second or third time...

Hello:

Ich biete deutsche Auszeichnungen/Insignien, Helme und Bajonetts/Daggers an (WK1 und WK2). All die Gegenstände sind originell und in gutem Zustand. Ich verkaufe sie zu einem sehr günstigen Preis.

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers. I have also a few bayonets and swords for sale: japanese arisaka, and three french bayonets: Chassepot, Grass and Lebel. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, let me know.

Regards.

Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/03/2007 03:48 PM
You know what might be a good idea..when you sign up as a new member, you are sent an FYI E-mail concerning codes of conduct and warnings of
scammers who troll our site and their methods etc..i think a heads up might just be the trick..
Posted By: lloyd Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/04/2007 03:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by kursk:
You know what might be a good idea..when you sign up as a new member, you are sent an FYI E-mail concerning codes of conduct and warnings of
scammers who troll our site and their methods etc..i think a heads up might just be the trick..

Coupled with the admonishment that violators will be prosecuted! Anything that will stop the garbage is good! After all, look at the audience here that crooks have to troll. Good hunting ground I'd say!

lloyd
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/04/2007 04:44 AM
Agreed Lloyd..we have a member Zet i would like to see if he can be of help to us with our elusive mr.Pawel Nowak..

But lets work on this idea..! any suggestions for text to be included?
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/04/2007 02:22 PM
Currently, when you sign up, you get a welcome message including a request to read the Code of Conduct. I don't think including the entire CoC in the welcome message would help. It is reasonably long and most readers would skip it.

In addition, I think the few who join to scam people are not going to be put off by a few words in an email, but I can include a sentence or two. What do you suggest ?

Dave
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/04/2007 09:34 PM
Dave, perhaps not so important is the code of conduct, that is but mere window dressing, followed by those inclined to do so anyway..

The heads up to the many who join would be better, as it seems to be these new members who are targetted..
Posted By: lloyd Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/04/2007 11:32 PM
Yeah, darn good idea here! Perhaps in a larger size font:
" For your protection, be advised that this site has NO control over usage by it's members. It is YOUR responsibility and YOURS ALONE to make sure that you do NOT respond to offers, requests to purchase or any and all un-solicited emails from ANYONE purporting to be a member of this Forum!" (Any questions regarding this admonishment should be made to an Administrator).

How does that sound?
Lloyd
Posted By: Landser Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/05/2007 07:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Degens:
Pawel Nowak = Mathias Fritz

Now why wouldnt that suprise me !!

there is a Pawel being discussed in this topic. Is this the same person?

topic
Or just a coincidence?
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/05/2007 08:49 PM
Landser..you mean is the Pawel in the thread you posted the same man as Pawel Nowak the known criminal?

Good question..

Perhaps our friend Zet from Poland can shed some light on this..

Perhaps it is best to shed some light on this at this point, rather than possibly confuse an honest man/dealer with a criminal..
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/06/2007 03:22 AM
well I located all of you guys good buddy Mathias Fritz, he is trying to sell some stuff on that new military auction site. I thought I would jack with abit him and waste some of his time, you know I was bored Confused but anyway he replied a few times and funny thing about it is, that all of his posts that i read say:
"hallo allouwed meeth tooth introdice myselg, my grandfadder half eberyting dat thurd Reik eber pruduce, und eberything on eberybudy ulses vebsite uswell"........ yada yada yada......
But In the emails that he wrote me back, they were typed in perfect punctual and phonetically correct english, so there it is fellas you do the math.
Bad thing about it is, I was really interested in one of his auctions, was considering buying it, then I scrolled down and saw the name, only difference is that he spelled it Matjaz Fritz from (Slovenia)... gotta be the same guy.
what do you think would happen if I completely lost my mind, jumped into the fire and went on ahead and bought it?
Posted By: Landser Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/06/2007 06:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mackadoo:
what do you think would happen if I completely lost my mind, jumped into the fire and went on ahead and bought it?

Maybe he would send you a copy of the stolen picture if you were lucky.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/06/2007 05:32 PM
yes, even the picture would be a reproduction... Big Grin
Posted By: Raymond Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/06/2007 09:07 PM
John, trust your first instinct here. Well, unless you pay for it with monopoly money that is.
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/06/2007 11:17 PM
OK guys I'm sure that you detected at least a hint of sarcasism there, I've been ripped off too many times, I'm getting very tired of it. Don't worry I would have to lose 99% of my brain to actually enter into a contract with him or her or whatever it is, maybe he is just a faulty computer program, that would explain all of the bad grammer Razz
Here is something else to think about that occured to me, pawel nowak, thats the other guys name right, most likely an alias, but did anybody think that it might also be an acronym? when I hear or see his name.... well its oddly familiar...... hmmmm hmmmm sounds kinda like..........
"Pay well, no work" Eek Eek Eek
Posted By: X11.com Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 04:14 PM
I was just wondering, you folks work hard at keeping this site honest and informative. So, what happens when a "ConMan" like the alleged Pawel Nowak decides he (they) want to prey on the unsuspecting, potential new collector or on the even more sophisticated collector. What can you really do about it?

Sure, I presume you can ban them from the site but you don't know who they are. All you know is they are registered under a name. I would think a good con man would register at least under two different names. One would be for preying on the unsuspected or overly naive aggressive collector; while the other registration would be one of intelligence gathering.

The second registration would not be used for scamming but to make onesself blend in with the community. A great place to ask questions and seek out potential targets. This registration would always be used for legitimate reasons and would give no clue as to the real intent. As I said, it is just for intell gathering.

The first persona (the unscrupulous idenity) would be used to attract "marks". When and if that idenity becomes unusable, create another one! Can you really stop that?

I just don't see how you could stop a person like that. You can expose them but they would just create a new idenity and come in another door; all the time monitoring the action from their secure, low profile idenity that was created not to raise any red flags or contraversy.

Education is the only weapon we have to combat these predators. Present and future members must be presented with "facts" about these marauding thieves and their tactics. However, there is always going to be "victims", that is the nature of humans. As long as we beleive we are going to get that "one piece" that no one else has and it came from the "little old lady" husband's collection and she just wants to get rid of it, there will be victims. Some collectors are or will be victims of their "own greed and stupidity". We as a community can not protect against that, however, we can keep on educating. It just becomes a logistics problem on how we accomplish the education!

Many of you are very wise and sophisticated in this field of collecting it is up to you,as a collective,in how you want to stop people like "Pawel".

I beleive it up to you to educate, educate and educate! Alert the masses and repel the boarders. It is the only way!

Just my humble thoughts on this troubling subject.
Posted By: ww2411 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 06:08 PM
I found the UK dealer website (Jamie Cross Militria) www.thirdreichmedals.com that has the info and story of how this dealer got ripped off. I emailed him last year or so about this guy and he told me he had contacted the police, I don't know what happened with it or what action they had taken. There is also his passport pic listed. I think having some sort of warning as stated above for new members to be aware of non soliciated emails is a good idea. Eric
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 07:20 PM
Nowak has been banned under 15 or 16 different identities on GDC. What he does is borrow a friends computer, sign on with a new name, then troll for new guys who look like they might bite on his phoney offers.

The only way around this would be to change the settings so that members cannot see other member's email address.

Dave
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 11:00 PM
Dave / Vern, ....Perhaps there is a 'Simple' Solution - to help stop this rampant Fraud (if there is such a thing!) - which will help to solve this Problem:

(1) Given that:

a) The GDC Site is Open & input is 'transparent' - except for the IP Addresses, which can be easily changed ... by switching to another Computer...

b) We 'need' to be able to communicate with one another on the Forum, so Email Addresses & PM functions, are very valuable to ALL members...(& should be preserved)

So, a step in controlling 'Scammers / Spammers' like Pawel Nowak and Sylvie Salter, et al, could be a simple as your Adding a 'Locked' Thread, @ the very Top of each individual Forum (using a different colored RED sticky designation) and titled as "BEWARE ..of ANY UNSOLICITED OFFER" or some similar wording.

Then you add in the appropriate wording, as has been suggested elsewhere - to serve as a permanent Reminder & Constant Warning of vigilance to GDC Members - much as you have the 'Rules of the Road' posted in each Forum.

(2) Also, I'd suggest adding a FRAUDULENT DEALER / SELLER FORUM ... where we can Post the details of the various types of Selling fraud which have been post in this thread, as well as in the SS Dagger Thread ...SS Henkels RZM, regarding Sylvie Salter. The FRAUDULENT DEALER SELLER FORUM .... would be a Forum to consolidate ALL of the Fraudulent Threads into one (1) spot where GDC Members could check to identify the 'bad' guys. If there is contradictory information, the Seller would be able to add his 'version' of the Transaction, that went Bad.

I want to see GDC remain 'open' and unrestricted - and this Suggestion allows for same.

Thanks for your consideration ... Dave ...dblmed
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 11:31 PM
dblmed, I second the motion, I think that a fraudulent dealer / seller forum, would be a great idea! who knows, it could save somebody from getting ripped, in my opinion if it helped only one person, then it would have been worth it!
Posted By: Douglas 5 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 11:37 PM
Wish I had see this sooner . Nowak .This Conartist . !
He has been baned other places and has contacted myself personally and a few other on Axis History forum many months ago . I spoted the fakes and the stollen pictures . All complains went nowhere as the Sign name and Email address did not match so he was given the brenefit of the dought .He had been a silent member there for a whole year without posting once . I reluctly left the matter sit after 2 seperate complaints .
I too saw Jamie Cross and the warning he posted about him . That was why over there I posted the 2nd complaint . This did not stop Nowak from posting and sending me Email after Email .
He was going to sendme the item to inspect and pay him if I liked it . Others would be payment first and item sent ( or never sent ) later .
I got offered about 32 different items with pictures . On Axsis he is running under the name Kaspien - Poland , joined May 27th 2006 . At the same time 4 other people joined from Poland under other names , don't know if it is him ... they may be legit and belong to others .
As Dave was saying 15 or 16 names have been banned here , so he can have the names to cross check first .
Posted By: Douglas 5 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 11:57 PM
Have picture of his drivers licence :and checked all the pictures he sent . First set of fakes and backup set of stolen originals .
Posted By: Douglas 5 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/08/2007 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear about you loss Maestro .
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/09/2007 04:31 AM
That's a great idea about posting a stickie..i am thinking up some suggestions as far as wording goes..(with some very valuable help from a forum member..)

..and folk, don't be afraid if you have fallen victim to this man or others of his ilk. We are all here to protect our hobby and this site, and keep it a safe, honest and transparent vehicle for collectors of all experience levels.

We need your help to keep these criminals at bay, and believe me, over the years i have fallen victim to con artists in my buying for my site and collection.It can happen to anyone, at anytime..

So, in saying that, please feel free to relate your stories, not only will it be a cathartic excercise, but it will help us better understand the patterns these crooks use to fleece our fellow collectors out of hard earned money..
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/09/2007 10:47 AM
Holy smokes, all this talk about this joker must have stirred an ant nest or something, Pawel has just emailed me trying to sell a whole bunch of stuff, a whole page of medals, is there anything that I can do to help somebody bust his *** ? please tell me yes! I would love to boast the "jail a scumbag award" Big Grin
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/10/2007 03:41 AM
Ok,
I've recieved 7 emails from this fool. He sent me a few pictures of some cased EK's, a few daggers, and various other medals, as well as some paperwork, and his bogus credentials.... Confused how can I help? Do you guys want to see the pictures, or the emails that he wrote me, is there someway that I can get his IP address? Would that even help? Just let me know what to do, I would love nothing more than to see this deceiving Mad charlatan get whats coming to him. It's scoundrels like this that give this hobby a bad rap!

If anyone wishes to see the material that he sent me just ask, and i'll happily post it!

This is one scumbag that definately needs to be jailed!!! Mad Mad Mad
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/10/2007 06:41 AM
The Method of the Scam: .... As Kursk pointed out, it might be useful ... in helping Others to AVOID the SCAM ... to see Share the METHOD'S of the SCAMMER, in my instance of the 'SCAM.'

It started about 3 years back, with buying a small purchase on EBay, like an SS "III" Marked Nickel Silver Cross Guards Set ....from Sylvie Salter, of Prague (in those days, he went by the pragangel name on EBay - now he is using warchild39 on EBay, and he currently has 7 items listed!!! He has 143 Unique Responses & is 100% Positive - this is a part of the SCAM).

Over the next 2 years, I continued to buy from Sylvie, an SS EM 33 that was checked out as Good; then an SS RZM, that also checked out as Good. Payment was to a US Bank in North Carolina, and all seemed Legit. (He was building his confidence with me - as everything was Shipped on time & all of his items were Good.) His Ebay score rose.

Then he suggested Buying OFF of Ebay, to save him the Fees & he could give a 'better price. I bought several more Items this way - and again,everything was Shipped on time & all of his items were Good...so, it seemed like a nice buying Connection.

Then the Hammer Dropped, when a package of 3 SS Daggers arrived EMPTY....showing signs of tampering (which I now am certain that Sylvie just mailed that way.)

I took a lot of Photos, before opening it. Recently, It was pointed out to me by another Forum Member to "Check the Weight" on the Printed Label.... WHAM .... only .33 KG. The Label was printed in Prague & it is Right There as PROOF. We all know that 3 SS Daggers (one was Chained) weigh quite a bit more than .33 KG!!!

EMPTY BOX SCAM - 'TAMPERED WITH' - BUT MAILING WEIGHT "PROVES" THE ITEMS .....WERE NEVER IN THE BOX....

When Contacted, Sylvie Claimed a Fraud Ring "...of Postal Employees..." in CZ and Poland were opening packages & stealing the contents. Also, claimed that 'thieves' at JFK were doing the Same.

He Never made good on the LOSS of my Pre-Paid Money to his NC Bank Account.

MORAL of the METHOD of FRAUD: He is not a 'Bait & Switch' CON, where you don't get the Item that you paid for. He has the Real Deal Legit. Items.

He gets your confidence to buy from him:

A. via GOOD Ebay Transactions;
B. via Initially GOOD "Off EBay" Transactions, then
C. he offers Multiple Real Items, at a Reasonable Price, and the SHIPS an EMPTY pre-arranged EMPTY PARCEL.

HOW to AVOID this FRAUD?
1. Buy from 'Reputable' Dealers:
a. who are Known;
b. who have a Track Record;
c. who have a Return Policy; &
d. who Ship Insured USPS (IMHO is best..)

Even with ALL of the Above, these SCAMMERS are PRO's!!

Hopefully, there MAY be a 'Happy Ending' to this story "IF" JAN CZ is able to get the Attention of the Police during his upcoming visit to Prague.

I'll stay tuned...... Txs, Dave ......dblmed
Posted By: X11.com Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/10/2007 02:55 PM
quote:
HOW to AVOID this FRAUD?
1. Buy from 'Reputable' Dealers:
a. who are Known;
b. who have a Track Record;
c. who have a Return Policy; &
d. who Ship Insured USPS (IMHO is best..)

Aye Mate !!
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/11/2007 05:15 AM
I have Posted a REQUEST on the Premium Members Forum - to Dave & Vern, for them to 'Consider' ADDING the WARNING Notice - REGARDING UNSOLICITED OFFERS......

So far, there have been no Comments, or other Posts added on to this Thread... "IF" you Feel Strongly About this matter of Trying to stop the Fraud..... Please Post.. Txs, Dave ....dblmed
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/11/2007 05:50 AM
i think it would be an excellent idea dblmed... also, is there any way of preventing or blocking access to new members that just signed up to general public, but available to higher status members?? or some idea like this; ebay has several solutions now after having had this kind of problem with solicitors. thanks =)
Posted By: ww2411 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/11/2007 10:53 PM
Dave, I posted on premium members forum my ideas and thoughts on this, I'm totally up for anything we can do to help ALL members. I want to tell Maestro that I'm sorry that you got scammed and that I wasn't bagging on you when I posted earlier, but you had a bad feeling about this from the start, so stick with your first feeling about deals, when all the pics of items offered have different backgrounds that a clue and gut feeling that its a SCAM. Thanks Eric
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/13/2007 04:38 AM
Dave Hohaus has kindly Posted an Excellent "Rules of the Hobby" informative Post, in the COMMUNITY Forum - well done.

Only Additional Suggestion, would be to:
1) Add Dave H's Intro to EVERY Forum in GDC...
2) Add the 'to read' sections, Regarding Pawel Nowak in "NEW COLL" & about Sylvie Salter (& his types) in the "SS Dagger" Forum.

Otherwise - it's 100% ! ! Dave.....dblmed
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/13/2007 08:09 AM
All good ideas Dave. It is a real problem.
And some of these crooks change their name like Kingswalis and it's now warchild1939.
So maybe we can list the countries that the scammers are operating in. we aware that there are good people there, and even members of this forum.
However if we said watch out for scammer from
Poland! or Czech Republic, goes by names ... ..... and .... .....
These scammers are very clever. They get your trust on a small deal them come the big one and "poof" the empty box, and the "postal theft ring" excuse followed by "He feels your pain". Mad
I sure would like to hear what Jan CZ has to say about what the police will do there. I just don't have much faith there. But let's see.
-wagner-
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/13/2007 10:16 PM
I have awarded a Wound Badge to Dave for his problems with our scam artists. Not much in the way of compensation, but it is deserved.

Dave
Posted By: Serge (aka Wagner) Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/14/2007 01:15 AM
That is well deserved Dave for Dave L.
However I also got ripped as a buyer on a SS degan and 36SS in transit with "accumulator" for 14K. Does that qualify?
Thanks.
-wagner-
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/14/2007 01:55 AM
Ok, I've been in constant contact with pawel, for days now, I have been stalling him for a while, he keeps trying to coax me into a deal. he has sent me about 20 pictures (stuff that he supposedly has for sale) I guess that there is nothing that I can do in this position that will help bring him to justice, unless someone says otherwise I will be telling him to shove off in a day or so.
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/14/2007 03:17 AM
John..get him to meet you in a deserted parking lot somewhere.. Big Grin...blanket party anyone?
Posted By: mackadoo Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/14/2007 04:42 AM
now that what I'm talking about! you bring the blanket, and I'll bring the party! Big Grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/15/2007 05:44 PM
Just got an email from this dude. Went directly to the spam folder
Posted By: paulbear Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 07/16/2007 12:02 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that you should ask to see his export documents on the items he is offering for sale and insist, that should cool him off

PAUL
Posted By: Polizist Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 04:53 PM
I think the subject of this discussion may have just registered on the forum as Pawel1975?
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 07:00 PM
You are right I missed him.

On Again
Off Again

This is about the 15th try of his

Dave
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 07:44 PM
This guy has some serious mental issues..
Posted By: Degens Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 09:14 PM
Not the brightest spark in the fireplace to re-register using your surname that has already been banned 14 times Smile Smile.

May as well re-register under the username "PLEASEKICKMYDUMBASSNOW".
Posted By: wedgepig Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 10:41 PM
Madyou guys just saved me 1050. this pavel nowak sent me some pics of daggers and a ww1 artillery spike helmet heres the prices, 200 for helmet, 250 for kreigsmarine, 220 for 2nd mod luft, 220 for army and 160 for sa. im not stupid these prices are too good to be true. thanks for verifying what i already expected. how did this guy get our emails? thanks Big Grin
Posted By: Polizist Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 11:05 PM
SWEET! Happy to have helped Big Grin
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/02/2007 11:14 PM
He thinks that in this modern age people should slow down and make money the old fashioned way ......... by stealing it.
Posted By: MW Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/03/2007 12:30 AM
I have received a couple spams from this bottom feeder also.........
Posted By: LEGION Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/03/2007 05:59 AM
Will this guy ever quit? I wish his a** would come to Texas we still have some "loose" gun laws! Wink
Posted By: Carinhall Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/03/2007 01:52 PM
Hi Paul,

You wrote
quote:
Someone mentioned earlier that you should ask to see his export documents on the items he is offering for sale and insist, that should cool him off

I don't think this will cool him off. It appears that Nowak has fabricated passports and other ducuments before so it would be possible for him to cut and paste an export document to fool prospective buyers. So it doesn't matter if he shows a supposedly legit export document. He's a crook and can't be trusted!

regards,
Dane
Posted By: Lewis Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/03/2007 03:09 PM
I to had a mail out of the blue from this guy. I was interested to know what he had, and what the prices were. He sent the pictures of the daggers, and passport and ID and also WW1 spiked helmet. All of it was cheap as chips. I said i was a little worried about buying from him, and he said i could pay half now and half after the items turned up. Said he worked at some museum somewhere for the archives.
He nagged on for a while, and then i said i wasnt interested at the moment and didnt have the money. I havent heard from him since.
Sounds like i was wise to be cautious.

LDR
Posted By: John C. Jacobi Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/04/2007 02:59 AM
Guys in hindsite since we have been posting about the criminal on the BCN forum, i should of contacted dave to have this go gdc wide.
Posted By: rakra Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 08/15/2007 11:12 AM
one more time

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=...=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

sturmtrooper1 alias pragangel
Posted By: Germanating1 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/19/2007 09:26 PM
This guy is still at it. Luckily I have read posts here about this crook, and I am not predisposed to purchases currently.
I received scam/email from him yesterday 18th.
Clearly mined my email addy from this site. Still using (Shipwrecks.Research@yahoo.com)

Flagging from my account, poof gone...till he resurfaces as someone/selling something else...

BEWARE ALL

If it sounds too go to be true...there ya go.
Posted By: wes_143 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/20/2007 01:06 AM
hey guy's he is still at it,he made me offers over the weekend sept 15-16th same offers and credentals already posted in here
Posted By: Maestro Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/20/2007 02:57 AM
There's an old saying: What goes around, comes around. I've already lost $700, but sure beats spending time in jail as this guy or group of scammers will face at some point..
Posted By: ww2411 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/20/2007 04:51 AM
Whats amazing is that over the years of him F-ing people, no one has beat him to death and that it's probably real easy to track this guy down and convict him, but these third world countries just don't care thats why he's so arrogant, altering a passport has to be some international offense, even though its on the internet or a email. He's day will come when he screws the wrong guy and they give him street justice. Eric
Posted By: ww2411 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/20/2007 04:59 AM
I forgot to mention that I was almost a victim of this guy but a UK dealer(Jamie Cross Militaria) had a headline story on his website on how he fell victim to this guy with Passport picture and all, my point is that if all the dealers had some sort of fruad warning on their websites about guys like him it wouldn't take long for it to get around. Eric
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 09/20/2007 06:22 PM
ww2411..he has been beaten..and good!(by a few of our European counterparts..) as i have said before, it must be a lucrative business for him to continue even knowing that he will suffer bodily harm..
Posted By: efriend98 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 12/24/2007 10:18 PM
He's trying to scam me right now, I think I'm gonna send him some monopoly money Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/03/2008 11:23 AM
I was in Lodz Poland over Christmas with my wife´s family, and I tried to access GDC from the internet cafe located inside the Mediamarkt store. the message I got was: "This IP address was banned by GDC admin." I thought...this has to e Pawel!! Big Grin
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/03/2008 11:15 PM
100% correct. That guy has already used about 16-18 diferent aliases to sign on GDC. What I think he does is used Internet cafes or friend's computers to sign on so he can troll for new guys to scam.

Dave
Posted By: Beek Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/15/2008 07:12 PM
I have only been a member of the forum for one week,but boy have I learned alot. Just checked my email and guess who is trying to sell me the Brooklyn Bridge? It goes to prove that this scumbag is out on this website looking for ****ers. I hope that you can flush this guy out.
Posted By: LEGION Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/15/2008 07:14 PM
Im glad you found out before it was too late. This scum has to be stopped!
Posted By: Doug Kenwright Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/15/2008 10:42 PM
I agree, he must be stopped..hear that Pawel?
That's the sound of footsteps coming after you! heh heh! Wink

Beek..you bought the bridge? i thought i had first dibs? i could have swore i had the paperwork here somewhere..!
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/15/2008 11:41 PM
As I said, the problem is that he uses different computers to sign on. He trolls through the members looking for what he sees as gullible people. Never posts and gets caught and banned again after a couple of days.

If you hear from him, play him along like a fish. Endless questions, but never send $$

Dave
Posted By: NoBoZoS Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/16/2008 03:18 AM
If anyone catches him before I do...(I caught him both times he tried)...please email myself or Dave Hohaus....he'll be banned again....

Hey Dave...maybe I should get the 'To catch a Scumbag Award"!!... Big Grin LOL
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/16/2008 01:48 PM
It's "JAIL a Scumbag", not "catch" Big Grin. Maybe go over to Poland and try your luck ?

Dave
Posted By: NoBoZoS Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/16/2008 06:19 PM
I'm sure Zet would love to have a guest....Maybe we need a new award Dave!....LOL Big Grin
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/16/2008 11:59 PM
Punch a scumbag ??? Probably Not Big Grin
Posted By: inimicus Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/21/2008 04:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hohaus:
Punch a scumbag ??? Probably Not Big Grin

Dave -

this has gone on way too long. time you had a "pinned permanent" alert at top of the various dagger Forums - something with at least his most often used name/moniker/alias etc.

In fact why not create a pinned,updatable rogues' gallery of serial offenders like this
peson?

I'm one who somehow resisted his siren call.... "if it asounds too good to be it prob'ly is."
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/21/2008 11:36 PM
Look at the top of this Forum. I have modified my "Advice to New Collectors" to include him.

Dave
Posted By: vintagetimenow Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/22/2008 01:34 AM
Dave, please add Gil aka Sylvie Salter to that post

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/217096573/...810006154#9810006154

He still is fishing as eBay seller warchild1939, and has 100% positive feedback, as he screws you off ebay.
Thanks, John
Posted By: NoBoZoS Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/22/2008 03:15 AM
I think a Rogues Gallery (separate forum area...placed just under the forum area would be perfect) is an excellent suggestion...How about it Dave/Vern?
Posted By: inimicus Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 01/22/2008 05:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hohaus:
Look at the top of this Forum. I have modified my "Advice to New Collectors" to include him.

Dave

ok excellent Dave! thanks
Posted By: thor62 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 03/27/2008 11:33 AM
hello it has just contacted me with all these photographs of very interesting daggers at superb prices… it asks half of the money to send
I am in France
karl
Posted By: Gus Youmans Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/25/2008 07:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
ss dagger he says he has
Posted By: NoBoZoS Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/25/2008 09:10 PM
Well.... PAWEL NOWAK --"Eastern Europe's Most Wanted" tried to register again and again I busted him....

Dave, I think I really should get that "scumbag Award"..that's the fourth time I busted him!
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/25/2008 10:04 PM
He has 18 aliases here, and I got him the first twelve times or so.

Sorry NoBo - No cigar yet Big Grin Big Grin It's JAIL a Scumbag Award and the scumbag is still loose.

Dave
Posted By: pvon Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/25/2008 11:45 PM
Yea I got a email offering to sell me stuff!
recently!

Never gives up!

PVON
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/26/2008 02:35 PM
If you get offers from the guy, string him along as long as you can.

Dave
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/26/2008 09:25 PM
He's like a global-player.
Time to bring him to justice

Gerd
Posted By: Dave Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/26/2008 09:42 PM
How would you propose to do that ?

Dave
Posted By: kreta1961 Re: "Paweł Nowak" SCAM - 04/27/2008 10:26 AM
Dave,
i know it's nearly impossiple!
But those guy's excites me.

Two years ago,i had contact via email with a guy from Bogota/south-amerika,offering ss-officers stuff.Dagger,tunic,cap...etc....
Finaly it was the same deal,like maestro's Mad
His name is Thomas Engel.
He's gone without a trace,that's what our police told me last year
Gerd
hello , I had stated this else where in this forum...
but, I recently joined this forum & before I could even check to see if I was active in this site, I got Nowaks' email. swear to god ,that fast. Honestly, filled in all the fields , went back to my email ,& there it was. But since I had visited many times before, I heard the name here ! thank you. Then I got into this same discusion with a local dealer ..." wow ! what's his name ?" he has been hit up by this guy too. I'm very surprised his e-mail got to me so fast. keep spreading the word. jeff
He is banned under many IDs.

The only way to stop this would be to stop people from seeing other member's Display Email addresses.

Dave
Just do not show Newest Members list !!!!
Totally agree with Gottlieb GDC is unwittingly helping this creep
I just got an email from him today heres his email

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Luytjens1939@gmail.com
All the best.
Pawel
Luytjens1939@gmail.com

scum bag!
Shaun
Today I have received this mail: Hi,
I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Luytjens1939@gmail.com
All the best.
Pawel
Luytjens1939@gmail.com

Still it wants to defraud more ..... I will play with him a time.
I have answered him in Spanish and it has answered me in Spanish .... it has desire of selling.
I'm obtaining a very long time e-mails from ''Greg'' at the latest one were these stuff :

1. M35 DD SS complete $4,000
2. M35 DD SS complete, one decal scratched off, otherwise minty $3,500
3. M35 Luft. Single decal complete $1,500
4. M35 Luft. Single decal with liner $1,200
5. M35 Luft. Double decal shell, cracked, named $650
6. M35 Army single decal about 50% shell $600
7. M42 Camo Army with liner $2,100
8. M35 Army single decal shell, very clean, great decal $800
9. M42 Army single decal shell $800
10. M35 Army single decal shell, decal about 75% $600
11. M35 Kriegsmarine single decal shell, decal about 80% $800
12. Police double decal with liner $500
13. M35 Luft. Double decal complete, super nice with dome stamp $1,900
14. M35 Herman Goering Luft. Division single decal shell $1,500
15. Paratrooper single decal helmet with chinstrap $2,800

16. Tunic Waffenrock "B34" Beobachter. $1,400

sent from e-mail address : sirgregoryjames@embarqmail.com

Did anyone receive also these mails? Maybe it is alter ego of Nowak, what do you think?

Best, Lukas.
Pretty sure this is from "Paweł Nowak".
Posted a sales ad the other day here for the first time in quite a while, with the mandatory email included.
In pops this, from "Marc" evi1988@o2.pl

This pic ring a bell for anyone ?
Looks like the typical over the top table full of treasures that this guy is notorious for.

Attached picture P1010544.JPG
He must of found all these while diving off the coast of the Dominican republic. Nice find!! wink
Heres a list of his wares that he was kind enough to send me.
So much stuff, I just can't make up my mind !

my daggers for sale :

SS RZM 941/39SS maker marks
SS C. BERTRAM REINH. SOHN SOLINGEN (very rare maker marks only made SS daggers)
SS FRANZ STEINHOFF SOLINGEN-WALD
SS Chained no maker marks ( 90% SS chained was no maker)

NSKK chained RZM M7/52/39.
NSKK EMIL VOSS
NSKK AUG. MERTEN

SA SMF SOLINGEN
SA F.DICK ESSLINGEN
SA HAMMESFAHR CIE. SOLINGEN
SA F.ED. OHLIGER SOLINGEN
SA JA. HENCKLES ZWILLINGSWERK SOLINGEN
SA GEBF. BORN SOLINGEN
SA GEBRUDER HELLER SCHMALKALDEN
SA CARL JUL. KERBS SOLINGEN
SA C. LINDER SOLINGEN MERSCHEID
SA ANTON. WINGEN SOLINGEN
SA E. PACK SOLINGEN

HJ KNIFE CARL EICKHORN
HJ KNIFE WKC SOLINGEN
HJ KNIFE RZM M7/62 F. PLUCKER JR. SOLINGEN-GR. (BONY GRIFF)
HJ KNIFE RZM M7/118 BLUT UND EHRE (BONY GRIFF)

BAYONET KS 98 ETACHED BLADE F.W HOLLER SOLINGEN
BAYONET KS 98 ETACHED BLADE EICKHORN SOLINGEN
NPEA CHAINED KARL BURGSMULLER BERLIN- CHARLOTENBURG 5.

WERMACHT ALCOSSO SOLINGEN
WERMACHT EICKHORN

LW 2nd ALCOSSO
LW 2nd JULIUS KERBS
Hi, same guy was advertising on a uk oodle site , a ss dagger when I replied to ad which was supposed to be liverpool he gave me the same story with same old dodgy reassurances and was looking for a uk partner to help him sell his items , still using the same name smelled a rat and googled him , (hornblower1994@aol.co.uk was the email address)
Checked today he is listing items on a us oodle site hornblower1994 is his user name
david
that looks familiar - from Dec 29/10

http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&profile_username=Hornblower1994&pf=1&keywords=
Greetings,

funny such a "wrong" thread for a first post... Well I did not even write my hello post and already got this on my registered email...

Hello,

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI (pickelhaubes) and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. I also have a japanese swords (katana and tanto) with the blade from XVIII century. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Luytjens1939@gmail.com

All the best.
Luytjens1939@gmail.com
I've discussed this with Vern and he has removed the "Newest Members" feature.

Dave
Hi I'm on facebook and he has came up as someone I might know ??, can only guess he has checked me out on there as I rebuffed a sale!! from him , creepy!!
david
I was just contacted by pawe nowak again , he mUst of forgot that he burned me a few years back when i joined here . here's his new email address he was using today. hornblower1994@aol.co.uk BEWARE.
Dead and banned.

Keep posting his email addresses an IP

Dave laugh
This guy is still active, I have received the message below from him, I wonder where did he get my email from as I have very recently started becaming a collector of German daggers. I am glad I googled his email address to find wealth of information about his scams.

Here is the email I received today:

Pawel Nowak luytjens1939@gmail.com

Hi,

I am a private collector and I have some german daggers for sale (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). All the items (also helmets) are orginal from WW2 era. I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. If you think you could have an interest, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Luytjens1939@gmail.com
Hello,
Got the same email from Mr. Nowak as well. Here is the email address he sent the message from: Pawel Nowak - luytjens1939@gmail.com.
cce
Do we have any members in Poland or who have relatives or friends there? The best way to squelch this guy is to get the Polish authorities interested in him.
Old question, Grump. The Polish authorities seem to care less about someone who scams foreigners ... especially by selling them Nazi stuff.

Dave
At least one member here has taken measures to get the attention of US and Polish authorities on this turkey. We'll see.
I JUST GOT SCAMMED!! How silly of me. I was approached by a Czech Guy iliya.baso@seznam.cz name on the wire transfer Iliya Spasov - SA dagger at a fairly good price - money sent and no responses - account dead!! Be warned.

He claims he lives in UK now! Weston Super Mare - SWINDON? Maybe it was not pavel novak - who knows but same methodology. Does anyone know him???

Anyone knows If I can make the bank request to refund the payment from the destination bank?
Unfortunately, I doubt a refund can be obtained through the banks. They tend to see themselves only as a conduit for transactions. Of course, should they be scammed, it's a different story. You might alert your bank to the situation and have them give you more information as to the destination of your funds. If you can find someone who cares, they might be able to get comprehensive information from the receiving bank regarding the recipient. Sorry to hear about this. I know it's no consolation, but you have joined a group of collectors who have experienced the same thing or something similar. Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon.
Yes, the banks said exactly that. My transfer - my problem:( Well police is on the case. Will let you know of research on this character!
Maybe Vern will give you a wound badge for your loss?
He gave me one and it fellt a bit better
Got this one i my mailbox yesterday. Some guys die hard i guess..
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pawel Nowak luytjens1939@gmail.com_

Hello,

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI (pickelhaubes) and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Luytjens1939@gmail.com

All the best.
Luytjens1939@gmail.com
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dundas
Like "Old Man River," he just keeps rollin' along.
Dundas when did you join GDC? I suspect very recently from your single post.I believe old Pawel has planted a trojan/virus on the GDC site that automatically sends new members his trolling note. I got mine within an hour of joining GDC thats why I think Vern ought to have his IT gurus have a thorough look at the sites server.
I'm a new member here,
I received this unsolicited email as a direct result of registering with this site:
Re: German Daggers

X

Inbox
X

ReplyReply
More
Pawel Nowak luytjens1939@gmail.com to me

show details 4:38 PM (1 hour ago)

Hello,

I have some German Insignia/Medals from WWI and WWII and a few German helmets from WWI (pickelhaubes) and WWII in a good condition. There are also German daggers (SS, SA, Kriegsmarine and other). I would like to sell them for a reasonable price. If you could have an interest, please write directly to: Luytjens1939@gmail.com

All the best.
Luytjens1939@gmail.com

,,will the REAL Pawel noWhatever, please fall on your dagger.
I have the same mail today
hello

i am living in holland
and we have a site called marktplaats
theres also a men from belgium thats sells ss hemets for 300 euro
and also daggers for low prices
i think this is the same men called pawe nowak
because he says het gets the stuff from poland
many people already failded for it
I just got an email from this bozo, Pawel Nowak, trying to sell me WWII daggers and helmets etc. This is the only place I had my email address public so he must be trawling through here looking for victims.
Information to pass on,,as he is under different user names on a few websites
If you use Offeritem and Epier his user name is under ; Hornblower1994.
Under Specialist Auction his user name is under ; SgtSydney.

If this information has been already mentioned before then this is only a reminder. Regards Larry
I agree with a previous posting that the public email address only makes it easy for this criminal to try and scam people. Can it not be disabled as an option when signing up? there really is no need at all for a users email address to apear on a public forum.
A bit of background:

As the Forum grew from a hundred or two guys who knew each other to hundreds and then thousands who did not, members wanted to contact each other and it took up a lot of time and posts. Lots of guys were unwilling to post their email address as it gave away their name or employer, compounding the problem.

With the advent of hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc, members were able to get a second email address. To make contact easier, we required "Display Email" to be posted. It has worked well allowing guys to get together to buy and sell, etc. A very few dealers have mined these emails to populate their lists.

The only enduring pain has been this guy.

I cannot set it up so that you can opt in or out of "Display Email". I can disable the ability to see it by membership type. We have Guests (who cannot see it), Members, Premium Members, Mods, and Admins.

Shutting off Member's ability to contact other guys seem a bit severe as most everybody knows this guy by now.

What say you ?
Doesnt the PM (direct message) send an email to the registered email address? Anyway, i'm only new here so I dont want to rock the boat smile
I know nothing about the technology involved, but I agree with you, Dave. This guy is an international criminal, but no one in law enforcement anywhere seems to want to shut him down.
My e mail is listed on my profile page and i have never gotten a e mail from him.lol. Im feeling slited.
We can not give in and block the communication channels simply because someone is abusing it!
It is like disscussing banning the flights to prevent the second 9/11 because of terorists may abuse it. The only thing we can do is to build & share inteligence and try to prevent it.

We can live with Pawel as long as everyone is aware.
HAHA!!! Finally I have got his full details!! (verbels)
Pawel Ciazynski evi1988@o2.pl vel Penelopex
ul. Wąska 20
62 - 200 Gniezno
wielkopolskie
Polska
evi1988@o2.pl
tel 0048 698 740 254
Bank ING SA numet konta: 13 1050 1520 1000 0090 9251 2582
Anyone paid to this account some money and got a fake for a real piece? We need to build a case to bring him down...
I HAVE RECEIVED 3 EMAILS FROM PAWEL NOWAK SOLICITING ME TO PURCHASE S.S. AND N.S.K.K. DAGGERS EXACTLY ONE DAY AFTER BECOMING A MEMBER HERE.GRATEFULLY I HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF HIS SCAMS THANKS TO THIS AND OTHER FORUMS. APPARENTLY HE HAS WORKED HIS SCAM FRUITFULLY FOR A WHILE NOW. WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CAUGHT AND PENALIZED YET???
TROOPER01
He hit's every newby on this site. He also likes to try to peddle his wear's on ioffer. But I have notified them of his intentions. He has been removed twice that I know on there site.He comes up with different user names and emails. BEWARE!

Brian
Originally Posted By: TROOPER01
I HAVE RECEIVED 3 EMAILS FROM PAWEL NOWAK SOLICITING ME TO PURCHASE S.S. AND N.S.K.K. DAGGERS EXACTLY ONE DAY AFTER BECOMING A MEMBER HERE.GRATEFULLY I HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF HIS SCAMS THANKS TO THIS AND OTHER FORUMS. APPARENTLY HE HAS WORKED HIS SCAM FRUITFULLY FOR A WHILE NOW. WHY HASN'T HE BEEN CAUGHT AND PENALIZED YET???
TROOPER01

Well, what it boils down to is a combination of benign neglect on the part of authorities, and as some have suggested, being protected by the very Authorities in his town that should arrest him..there may be some sort of kick back involved there. Many times the issue has been brought up with the authorities but to no avail. I imagine he feels pretty invincible by now. I do know that he is still at it after getting the living hell beat out of him a while back..It must be lucrative to keep returning time and time again to the scene of the crime, even under pain of a beat down.
ANyone tried to get their money back of him
The scum got me. I sent Ł215 as half payment and the rest when I got it. He is on adpost. I've reported him to admin. gutted
This is the email his using now Apollo1939@yahoo.com
And his phone number is +48422357076
Has any new member who signed up in the last 3 months received his famous email?
Dave as I have told you and Vern in the past he has planted a trojan in GDC that automatically sends his email to new sign ups.
I know this because when you banned me a couple years back I joined under a different IP address for my exile and Nowaks email hit my in box within 30 seconds of me logging on to GDC under my new ID

Vern please get your IT guys to find this trojan and eradicate it other wise you are complicit with the Nowak scam IMO
Tony Ratcliffe
I reported the scum
All his ads on adpost have now been removed
he's back here are two emails I got from a listing on craigslist:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I live in Poland (EU) now. I lived in Eugene for the last 2 years but I already got back home to Poland. I have an interest in WW2 history for a long time. From time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields. I am sending the photos of the dagger.

I am an archivist, most of my time in spend in the archives. A few years ago i made some archival research from Stetin (former german town in NW Poland). Her grandfather was a SS officer in 10th Panzer Division "Frundsberg". I made some archival research for her and got the dagger as a part of my payment.

I have other militaria, i am looking for someone i could cooperate for a long time.

Sincerely,
Pawel
Email: Kaspian1415@hotmail.com

One of the daggers was discussed here:

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=247239

the other one probably has been as well.

End of the day if its too good to be true it is, and NEVER buy the story

Attached picture 1.JPG
Attached picture 1 (2).jpg
Attached picture 15.JPG
couple more pic's

Attached picture 6.jpg
Attached picture 14.jpg
sorry forgot the links to the adds

http://eugene.craigslist.org/clt/3873295619.html

http://eugene.craigslist.org/clt/3873286254.html
Still at it:
Pavel
I remember also seeing an add saying that an SS dagger for $600 was a scam and don't buy it because I got scammed add on my craigslist about 3 months ago. Must of expired....
He's now infested Gunstar with his collection of Internet photo's. I had him removed as Nagant1939 and he was back within 2 days as Longbow1939 with the same stuff.
Just a shame that people like him are around...
If the police can't do anything and beatings don't seem to deter him........
Somebody just shoot the MOFO. Preferably with a picture of a Luger.
hes back again on craigslist

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/clt/4988034503.html

the email i received;

Thanks for your quick answer. No problem with shipping.

I live Poland (EU) now. I lived in US for almost 2 years but i already got back home to Europe. And i have an interest in WW2 history for a long time. From time to time i take my metal detector and detect places of historical interest and local battlefields. I send some photos of my collection. I mostly collect german daggers and helmets.

I have 100% positive feedback on our EU auction site Allegro:

http://allegro.pl/show_user.php?uid=23760640

I send 2/3 parcels to US and other countries each month.

Regards,
Pawel

be warned!!
Yeah I've contacted him for a dagger and he sent me some pics... When I started to ask him the hard questions he stopped all comms...
The guy is still in action : he was seller of fake Gravity Knives last week-end on a french website : a people who speaks italian ,lives in Germany ... and refuses Paypal has alerted me and after researches on the web where he is unfavorably known I stopped all mails .

S+
I have been gone for awhile, am glad to be back, but I remember this guy and his name as if he were a friend! Amazing he is still going at it.
hello, Paul. Good tom see you back

Since we changed the ability of members to search and see who were the most recent members, the scumbags have not been able to target them
I think he just contacted a friend of mine here in AB where he was trying to sell a RZM SS dagger for $650 USD.
hi members
any one who looks for a dream price of 650.00 for a ss daggeris a fool . common guys get real here some thing is wrong with this picture most of us are smarter then that and beings nobody has the balls overseas to put a fix on this scumbag as dave puts it how about dusch bag souinds better . he is not worth the time or effort best andy militarynut
Andy,

I don't think my friend is a fool. He's a beginner in regards to SS daggers and it was very smart of him to ask for advice first instead of "buying" a piece for $650. I just wanted to warn the good folks here that Pawel is still active, and not only in the US!

Gruess,

Gerry
hi gerry
pawe nowak or what ever his real name maybe is low life some body some where will put a fix on him and believe me that will be his worst day he ever has all we can do is warn /alert people its sad to hear this name you just want to puke . ok got the mesage loud n clear best andy militarynut
I found our good friend Pawel on Facebook! He's currently active on Australian WWII pages there. I warned the admins of those pages so it's up to them to deal with him (remove/block him).
http://www.sellmymilitaria.com/site/index.php?option=com_djclassifieds&view=item&cid=23%3Ahelmets&id=8399%3Aoriginal-german-ww2-kriegsmarine-m35-helmet&Itemid=477

Another Pavel scam. We looked up the email address for this ad and it's the man himself.
At least he cannot target the new guys at GDC anymore.

We used to have it set up so that members could see each other's "display email address". He would sign up, look up the newest members and send them his famous email. He must have had 50 or more aliases that we banned.

We changed the setting so the addresses cannot be seen and nobody can scam the new guys.
© Your new forums