UBB.threads
Posted By: Ledhed1967 Thank you all - 11/17/2017 03:53 AM
Hello. I am new to the site and a pretty green owner of a modest collection.

I want to start by saying that this is my first post to the site. I want to thank the owners and moderators for having me and accepting me.

I inherited a modest collection sixteen years ago from my brother. I went online and also did some reading from a book that he had to try to learn the very basics about the collection that I inherited. I have forgotten too much of what I learned and I don't know where the book has gotten to.

I will admit that I am hoping for some reeducation here and some slight education. A few years ago I discovered a few pieces that I didn't know my brother had and I have a few edged weapons that I have no idea what are.

BTW: I am 50 years old and I am from Georgia, USA.
Posted By: Skynyrd Re: Thank you all - 11/17/2017 06:30 AM
Hi, best thing to do would be post pics
Posted By: MarcGB Re: Thank you all - 11/17/2017 03:48 PM
Welcome Ledhed. Yeap, it would be nice to see your collection (in special edged weapons).

Cheers,

Marc
Posted By: Dave Re: Thank you all - 11/17/2017 07:47 PM
Indeed, welcome.

Tell us what you collect and perhaps show a photo or two.

Dave
Admin
Posted By: Ledhed1967 Re: Thank you all - 11/19/2017 06:00 AM
Hello all and thank you all.

I would probably be a little less than honest if I didn't admit that I still consider the collection to be my brother's even though I inherited it.

I definitely want to share photos of the collection with you all and get your opinion on value and relearn who the makers of these items are?

There are a total of seventeen items in the collection.

The collection consists of: 11 edged weapons/daggers/knives; a small pin of some kind; two flags (a party banner and a Kriegsmarine flag); and two metals that I believe to be a second place Iron Cross and a cased First Iron Cross, and what I believe to be SS collar tabs.

I openly admit that my ignorance of this collection is glaring. That is why I am hoping to learn some things here.

I am almost finished taking pictures of all of the items and I will definitely be keeping you all updated.

Thank you all so much.
© Your new forums