UBB.threads
Posted By: Marky C Hi from the UK - 06/25/2015 09:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

My usual collecting is Japanese swords and after 20 years I still have a lifetimes worth of learning to do.

I have been given a small collection of German daggers by a very good and close friend who is losing his fight against Cancer :-(

The group consists of an SS, SA, NSKK, 1st patt luft, Army and NPEA. After spending a few hours readings various posts etc here it is obvious that I have a lifetimes worth of learning to do on daggers now smile .

As with Japanese swords, Reference books are key to learning plus web based learning. I will over time post pictures but I will endeavor to learn a little first before asking for help.

All the best

Mark
Posted By: seany Re: Hi from the UK - 06/25/2015 10:01 PM
Welcome Mark, never be afraid to ask for help that's what this forum is all about
Posted By: Jim W Re: Hi from the UK - 06/25/2015 10:37 PM
Welcome to the Site.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish him my best in his fight.

I think it is much better the daggers go to you, his friend, than some stranger only out for the profit.

You can always liven up the Japanese section by posting photos there also.
Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti) Re: Hi from the UK - 06/26/2015 12:21 AM
Hi mark, sorry to hear about your friend. Welcome to the site, these guys are great if you ever have questions. I think it's a cool way to honor your friend by learning about his niche of collecting, and we'd love to see the daggers if you ever feel comfortable posting their pictures.
God bless,
Mike
Posted By: Panzerfaust Re: Hi from the UK - 06/26/2015 01:18 AM
Hi Mark,

Good to have you here brother!

Gruss,

Gerry
Posted By: Dagger Screws Re: Hi from the UK - 06/26/2015 12:47 PM
Hi Mark,

Never be afraid of asking questions here no matter how daft you think they are.
Best wishes to your friend.
If you need somebody here in the UK to discuss or answer questions about your collection I would be happy to help.

Thanks
Ian
Posted By: Marky C Re: Hi from the UK - 06/26/2015 02:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for the kind words and welcomes. I have decided to just pick one dagger at a time and learn as much as possible about. The one I have chosen is a 1st Pat luftwaffe ally version and will hopefully gets some pictures up soon.

Again, many thanks

Mark
© Your new forums