UBB.threads
Posted By: fisher airforce dagger - 08/16/2014 02:40 PM
Hi Everyone just a new boy here ,I am interested in a dagger on the *********** web site can't seem to get the pics on but here is the link to them can any tell me if this is a fake
Regards Robert

Posted By: Dave Re: airforce dagger - 08/16/2014 04:12 PM
The link you left requires a sign-in so we cannot see it. I have removed it. Get the pics up in the right forum if you can

As a general rule:

- Assume anything on that site is questionable until proven otherwise.
Posted By: fisher Re: airforce dagger - 08/16/2014 05:50 PM
Hi Everyone just a new boy here ,I am interested in a dagger on the Militaria321.com web site can't seem to get the pics on but here is the link to them can any tell me if this is a fake
Regards Robert

Posted By: Dave Re: airforce dagger - 08/16/2014 07:18 PM
Robert,

That link leads nowhere except to an unusable sign on screen so I have removed it for the third time. Don't post it again, please.

There is a subject in this forum "how to post photos" that will help you post photos

Dave
Admin
Posted By: wotan Re: airforce dagger - 08/17/2014 11:00 PM
"fisher" did send me the certain pics. They are showing a well known faked blade with etched (I think it is etched and no true damast as usual - the pics are not the best) small rose damast in connex with the well known L�neschloss trademark (the one used for postwar fakes), the dedication "Ehrenpreisschie�en /der Luftwaffen - Gruppe 3 / 1938" and a gonzo style eagle on the middle of the other side of the blade.
The other parts of the dagger are period but for a serious collector this trash is worthless because of the blade.
The pics contain a definite copyright claim therefore I will not publish them here.
Regards,
© Your new forums