UBB.threads
Posted By: dege1977 New to Dagger Collecting - 06/14/2012 02:14 AM
Greetings! As a relative newcomer I have been researching several 2nd model Luftwaffe Daggers and have a question. I recently found a second edition that has the "F.W. Holler" marking, however this maker's mark is located on the same side of the blade as the eagle and swastika emblem. From what I have researched all similarly marked "F.W. Holler" stamps are located on the "backside" or pebble grained side. I have included images. Could someone please let me know if this is a correct marking or a possible reproduction/fake. Any advice/assistance is greatly appreciated!

Attached picture LuftwaffeDagger2.jpg
Attached picture LuftwaffeDagger3.jpg
Posted By: Nietzsche Re: New to Dagger Collecting - 06/14/2012 07:07 PM
I am not a Luftwaffe collector but from the pics I cannot see any major red flags. Most likely it has been taken apart and when it was put back together the blade was flipped around. Try posting it in the Army, Navy, Luftwaffe section and you might get more responses. Also consider buying some books. They will pay for themselves and save you a lot of heart ache.

Jim
Posted By: lloyd Re: New to Dagger Collecting - 06/15/2012 03:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Nietzsche
I am not a Luftwaffe collector but from the pics I cannot see any major red flags. Most likely it has been taken apart and when it was put back together the blade was flipped around. Try posting it in the Army, Navy, Luftwaffe section and you might get more responses. Also consider buying some books. They will pay for themselves and save you a lot of heart ache.

Jim

I must agree with Jim. Buy books! The price for the books will offset being scammed in the long run!
© Your new forums