UBB.threads
Posted By: Grumpy Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 09:23 PM
Bought a new camera, mainly to sell items here, but the KB's of the photos are too large to post here. I have managed to crop a few photos down to where they will fit here, but I need to photograph some items where cropping would be of no use, or would not allow a full view of a larger item to be posted. Can the camera be adjusted to reduce the KB's of the photos? It's a Nikon S7000. And, is there a program loaded under Windows, etc., or one that can be downloaded, to decrease the KB's? I am not very computer literate, so "tech talk" won't help much. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Jim W Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 10:46 PM
the S7000 has a VGA setting. Use that on your camera and you will not have to resize.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 10:49 PM
Many thanks, Jim. I don't know what a VGA is, but I'll see what I can do.
Posted By: Dave Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 10:49 PM
Did you get a manual with the camera, Grump?
Posted By: Dave Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 10:57 PM
you can adjust the image size. If you did, look on page 78. Or download this and look on pg 78

http://download3.nikonimglib.com/archive1/c6FQI00c21uF01DOTMU38wMXu691/S7000RM_%28En%2901.pdf

You want to set it for VGA or 2M.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/18/2015 11:09 PM
Oh, yeah, I got a manual. But, it only as 22 pages in English. The rest is in several other languages. Must be an outlaw version. Anyway, I found the manual online, per Dave, above, and now have the camera set on VGR. Will see what happens next. Wish I had gotten the full manual. It would have saved a lot of time and bother. Thanks, guys.
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/19/2015 01:04 AM
It didn't quite work the way it should have. The photos came out a few KB's over the minimum allowed here. But, with a little cropping, it all worked out.
Posted By: SSman Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/20/2015 08:32 PM
Grumpy, the easiest way is to get a free picture resizer on the internet. These will reduce the picture but not the size or quality
Rod
Posted By: Grumpy Re: Help with KB's, please! - 05/21/2015 03:12 PM
Thanks. I have tried different downloads and a resizer, but they don't reduce the KB's enough to post here. I think I can work with what I have, now that I have adjusted the camera to VGA. It brings the KB's down to just a few over the minimum required to post photos here. A little cropping, which is usually feasible and allows the needed pic to be posted in its entirety has worked so far. I have found I have downloaded several photo tools that I now don't need that, if anything, interfere with photo editing and I can't find them under "programs" to delete them. Still working on that, but am able to work around it for now.
© Your new forums