UBB.threads
Posted By: Degens Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:05 PM
I dont know how many people out there are into Photoshop and related addons but I have just been messing around with Lightwave which is an advanced photo editing suite which allows the manipulation of highlights, shadows and just about everything else you can imagine. The images below were captured from " THE BATTLE FOR CAEN " documentary and have been tweaked to show off the detailing to the insignia and badges etc rather thsn the photo in general, alot of this detail has been lost in the image re-size for the forum but I thought you might like to see the piccies anyway Smile.

Attached picture 1.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:05 PM

Attached picture 2.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:06 PM

Attached picture 3.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:06 PM

Attached picture 4.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:07 PM

Attached picture 5.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:07 PM

Attached picture 6.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:08 PM

Attached picture 7.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:08 PM

Attached picture 8.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:09 PM

Attached picture 9.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:10 PM

Attached picture 10.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:10 PM

Attached picture 11.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 04:11 PM

Attached picture 12.jpg
Posted By: Johnny V. Re: Lightwave - 01/08/2008 06:16 PM
WOW!
Fantastic pics!
Thanks for shring them!
Johnny
Posted By: Mr. Jerry Re: Lightwave - 01/19/2008 02:33 AM
Very cool.
you should do a side-by-side posting before & after sort of thing.

I thought there was a "lightave"
animation program as well?

If you don't do this stuff professionally, you should~!
Posted By: Landser Re: Lightwave - 01/19/2008 06:19 PM
Great pics from the maestro once again!

Am I right in reading that these were taken from the TV? or possibly DVD? If so they are really great quality. I`ve got photoshop 6 but really don`t have a clue how to use it as there was no book of instructions with it. Maybe you could kindly PM me & let me know how to watermark with it, If that is possible. Or maybe put it in the forum for us dummies. Swordfish did one for paint but I don`t use paint it & it doesn`t look very professional for the portfolio I want to do of my collection.
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: Lightwave - 01/19/2008 08:40 PM
DEGENS .....Again, we are indebted to you for your 'Techno-Whiz' abilities.

Your tweeking really makes things stand out! Txs, Dave/dblmed
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/20/2008 12:14 AM
Yes, these images where captured from a downloaded documentary from the web, so the quality was not the highest to start with. I should have shown comparison shots as the difference is quite staggering.

As for watermarking in Photoshop, by far the easiest method is to create a .psd template that you simply open and drag and drop onto the image that you would like to watermark.
( Landser...check your e-mail ).

1) Open Photoshop
2) FILE/NEW 800x125
3) Fill the canvas you have created with any colour of your choice.
4) Select the "T" ( text ) icon from the menu, with a font size of approx 75pt and click on the canvas you have just created, type whatever text you want displayed and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to manoeuvre into correct position.

Attached picture Capture1.JPG
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/20/2008 12:22 AM
5) Right click on the text layer from the layers panel on the right of the screen and select " blending options".
6) Tick " bevel & emboss " and reduce the " fill opacity " to 0%.

Your text will now show as a transparent layer that you can just drag and drop using the move tool onto any image that you choose. Be sure to save your logo as a .psd otherwise the individual layers will be merged.

CLEAR AS MUD.....Thought so Smile

Attached picture Capture2.JPG
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/20/2008 12:57 AM

Attached picture ex.jpg
Posted By: Landser Re: Lightwave - 01/20/2008 09:38 AM
Thank you for that!

I`ll have a go so watch this space .....for a good laugh! Confused Big Grin
Posted By: Dave L / dblmed Re: Lightwave - 01/20/2008 10:18 PM
DEGENS ....Thanks for taking the time to Share the Photoshop Tip.

I followed it, but all of my Images come out with LANDSER on them?
I must be doing something wrong.... Confused Wink
Just Kidding.... Great Work. ...... Txs, Dave/dblmed
Posted By: Landser Re: Lightwave - 01/21/2008 03:01 AM
Good one Dave Big Grin

Degens, once the created PSD image is saved, how do you then import it to another image? Doh! Red Face
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/21/2008 11:01 AM
Vaughan,
Open Photoshop and then both images. Once you have both images open just left click and hold button on your text within the .psd picture and drag out of the picture onto your second picture that you want to watermark. Once the text appears on your target picture you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard again to move it into correct position.
When you are happy, just save the picture as a normal .jpeg but be aware this process merges the layers into 1 picture and cannot be undone when saved. Always use a copy of an original picture so you still have an unaltered backup Smile.
Posted By: Landser Re: Lightwave - 01/25/2008 12:14 PM
I can`t seem to get one to drag over the other Confused
I have managed to do this. However it is only to one picture & whether i could repeat it is another matter. This is remarkable enough given my skills. Jon I shall have to pop down for a cup of tea & a brief tutorial. Big Grin sans dolch of course!

Attached picture Resize_of_04_copy.jpg
Posted By: Degens Re: Lightwave - 01/25/2008 10:28 PM
Love that dagger Smile.

I like your watermark better that my attempt so at least we got somewhere, anyway, who wants to ruin a picture like that with scribble!!.

The summer is coming up my friend, stop spending all those yacht funds on dusty old daggers and I will dig my fishing rod outSmile.

P.S....Those mothers crosses are top drawer, I love the cased ones.
© Your new forums