UBB.threads
This is, and and always has been my true life's passion. The layout is O scale Narrow Gauge (On3) 1/48th scale. The layout is based upon the Colorado & Southern Rwy in the mid 1930s. The layout will eventually occupy 20'x30' in our store.

Attached picture IMG_4046_1_1.JPG

Attached picture IMG_4029_1_1.JPG

Attached picture IMG_4038_1_1.JPG

Attached picture IMG_4077_1_1.JPG
Great detail and fantastic display
Very cool. I'm into HO myself.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What I have been up to for the last six months. - 02/12/2007 07:02 AM
Really great Tim. Did you scratch build the buildings? What kind of building is the one with the elevated track? I've always been stuck on my S-Gauge trains but I'm too lazy to put together a layout even though I have everything to do it. Smile JohnJ
All the structure were scratchbuilt except for the roundhouse. It's a craftsman kit, and there were only 100 made. The large structure with the ramp is a coaling trestle. It took over 200 hours to build. All I had to go buy were a few photos, and some incomplete drawings a friend of mine had done over twenty years ago. I still have a several structures to build in the yard facility alone. Everything in the photos are a close aproximation to the town of Como Colorado. The roundhouse still stands today.

Thanks for the compliments!
Hi, very nice job quite a job building those buildings by hand!!
Tim very nice job and a excellent hobby at that. I too love the O and O27 scale trains, that passion started when i was just 3 years old and i have been hooked ever since. I have a few old pre war sets and many post war sets, but ever since i got into this hobby i have not had much time devoted to them lately. I will get back at it soon and again nice job on your layout.
Eric
Here are some more pics.

Attached picture IMG_4159_1_2.JPG
One more.

Attached picture IMG_4194_1_1.JPG
Smile Tim...Im going to have to make it down there to look at that
Come on down!
I love trainsets!..i used to have a 1927 Lionel pullman set..where are you now?

I knew that my days with trainsets were over and my militaria phase was coming to the fore.I suppose what clinched it was while everyone else was playing passenger trains, i was shipping my model stugs to the eastern front..!!
© Your new forums