UBB.threads
Posted By: Roland Scheck US GI's regimental - 09/11/2006 12:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Regimental-Artillery-Lithopane-Beer...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just thought I'd show you this wonderful stein made for Sargent Miti stationed at Zirndorf near N�rnberg. I cant help wondering why it is up for auction...did he die? I hope he just decided the cold war is over...smile. Wonderful stein showing the contrast to the german pre WWI regimentals. You got to love that self propelled gun on the filial. Your SteinMeister...Roland.
Posted By: Rev.Mike Re: US GI's regimental - 09/12/2006 02:58 PM
I noticed it is from an "estate sale" so I suspect that the Sgt. has been Promoted to Glory as our friends in the Salvation Army would say....

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: US GI's regimental - 09/13/2006 12:53 AM
Hello Rev. Mike...how are you my friend? I guess I am the only one that likes that stein...since it is from Zirndorf I might just bid on it...Roland.
Posted By: Rev.Mike Re: US GI's regimental - 09/13/2006 01:28 PM
Hi Roland,

I'm well thanks and you? I remember when I was stationed in Germany (1969 - 1971) that these items were usually being made as farewell gifts for departing unit members. I was going to have one made myself, but just never got around to it. My station was Neureut Kasserne near Karlsruhe. I keep looking on ebay for one from that area, but so far no dice....
© Your new forums