UBB.threads
Posted By: Vern Something to pass the time.... - 05/15/2020 03:59 AM
While browsing around the Internet, I came across a couple of sites offering paper model kits. The models cover a wide variety of subjects from buildings, vehicles, tanks, and aircraft. They come in sizes from 1/36 to 1/144 scale. Some are for sale and some are free to download. After seeing a free download for a small scale Fokker Dr1, I decided to give it a try. I downloaded the file which was in 1/64 scale. Using Photoshop, I scaled it to 1/72 and printed it on card stock. You can see the finished model in the attached photos. I did use a couple of toothpicks for the wing and landing gear struts. After taking the attached photos, the model disappeared. My wife walked by, said "O how cute" and snatched it up. Guess I need to build another for myself wink

Attached picture IMG_3106.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3107.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3108.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3110.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3112.JPG
Posted By: Eric26 Re: Something to pass the time.... - 05/18/2020 12:27 AM
Vern,

Looks good from here- especially if this is your first go .

All you need now is a 1/72 Manfred Von Richthofen smile
Posted By: Vern Re: Something to pass the time.... - 05/18/2020 03:07 AM
Thanks. Somewhere I have a box of 1/72 Airfix WW1 Germans that I think can be converted to airmen. Thought it might make a cool diorama wink
Posted By: Mikee Re: Something to pass the time.... - 05/21/2020 08:34 PM
That's pretty cool, I could hang these from the ceiling or something else. Thanks for showing us.
© Your new forums