UBB.threads
Posted By: fritziii Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 06:09 PM
Anyone here collect BB guns? I picked up a Daisy No.111 model 40 Red Ryder Carbine this morning made in Plymouth Mi. I think the stock has been repalced and it needs a bit of a good cleaning with some oil, any thoughts on a ball park low end value? Pics to follow soon.

Fritziii
Posted By: fritziii Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 06:39 PM

Attached picture DbbRed1.jpg
Posted By: fritziii Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 06:40 PM

Attached picture DbbRed2.jpg
Posted By: mananero Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 07:21 PM
Fairly common. Cant tell if it has the shot tube in the front. Roughly book value is around 40. But I seen them go at sales for 75 to 100. The older guys go nuts until they realize they are common. I have a few laying around that I am going to sell online today.
Posted By: fritziii Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 07:53 PM
Thanks! Not sure about the shot tube in the front, I'll have to look, it's an Ebay thing for me, I got it along with some trench art stuff I picked up this morning at a local flea market. Thanks for the info.

Fritziii
Posted By: cog-hammer Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/21/2009 11:51 PM
You wont be able to sell it on ebay sorry to say. Last thing that was daisy related I sold on ebay was a hang tag from early 1920's. Hang tag junkie I am Big Grin I find lots of cool old hang tags. Anyway you will find some online forums like this type here that it can be sold on. goodluck
Bret Van Sant
Posted By: Dave Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/22/2009 12:55 AM
If you go to Rogers, Arkansas, be sure to visit the Daisy Museum. There are probably 500 BB guns in there from the very first to current production - which is back in Rogers after a 10 year hiatus.

No kidding - really interesting and for free. They sell a fat book about Daisy that covers everything they ever made.

Dave
Posted By: OKCmike Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/22/2009 02:50 AM
Be careful, you'll put your eye out with that thing.

Attached picture acsralphgls_t.jpg
Posted By: Dave Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/22/2009 12:54 PM
Mike,

At the store in Rogers, they have that model for sale. It seems that the movie generated enough requests to offer them again.

"Shoot your eye out, kid" Big Grin

Dave
Posted By: mananero Re: Daisy BB gun question - 06/23/2009 12:47 AM
I sold over 200 bbs guns on bbairguns.com. The owner Bob gives new lister like 10 bucks in fees for free. Or you are better off running it though a winter auction when things are quiet and people are hungry to buy something anything. When I was first selling bb guns I was getting 75 for them. Now I am lucky to get 25 to 40. There is a variation where the front strap is copper that one brings money. The others are common.
© Your new forums