UBB.threads
Posted By: Minnesinger Just how hard ... - 12/19/2006 03:20 PM
... is it to build a Tamiya RC 1/16 full option Tiger I? I know a few of you guys here have them so I thought this was a good place to ask. I'd hate to spend alot of $ on something that will never be built/finished just because it's to hard.
Posted By: Bernie Brule Re: Just how hard ... - 12/19/2006 03:40 PM
When I bought mine, I hadn't built a model in almost 30 years. When I opened the box, I was dumb struck. I figured there was no way I could build this monster. There are a zillion pieces... At least it looked that way. Big Grin

But if you read over the instructions carefully a few times and follow them to the letter, you'll be fine. Wink

I think I recorded my time and it took me about 200 hours. But it was so much fun that I just ordered a King Tiger. Cool

Posted By: Minnesinger Re: Just how hard ... - 12/19/2006 04:03 PM
Thanks for the info Bernie. I'll order one first thing after x-mas. Sounds like a handfull but looking at the picture of yours I'd say it has got to be worth it a gazillion peices or not. Wink Just looks awesome, and that diorama you placed it on looks really great too. I haven't buildt a model in +15 years but if you could do it hopefully so can I.

Good luck with that King Tiger. I'm looking forward to seeing some "in-production" photos here on the forum when you get started on it. Wink
Posted By: Rick Turner Re: Just how hard ... - 12/19/2006 07:32 PM
If you’ve had some experience with basic plastic model building and have some basics with small hand tools you’ll be O.K. Paint is sometimes a problem for folks but with the Tamiya kit you can do a basic all gray or all dark yellow paint job and if your even a novice with a spray can it’ll turn out good. Only problem with the hobby spray bombs is most are very small quantities so it takes a bunch of cans to cover a 1/16th tank.

And if you become hung up just come on here and ask for help. Smile

Rick
© Your new forums