UBB.threads
Posted By: Geoff Ward Luft grouping - 12/11/2005 07:10 PM
Just wanted to play with my camera today!Here are a few of my Condor Legion related Items.Any comments welcome Thanks Geoff. Smile

Attached picture PC110353.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Luft grouping - 12/12/2005 03:39 AM
Geoff, I am not a medal knowledgeable person, but those are some I have not seen in a while, a couple, never before. Very nice pictures and they look impressive.

I hope someone who knows them can comment.

Where in Louisiana is Haughton?

Mark
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: Luft grouping - 12/12/2005 04:45 AM
Hey Mark,Haughton is in the northwest corner of the boot.on the east side of the Red River,The two items on the upper and lower left are :Spanish pilots badge,Upper. And below:Spanish order of military merit.On the right are "Bomber clasp in gold "and below "Spanish cross in silver with swords"These items were awarded to Germans who served Spain.In all truth,the Spanish civil war,provided a way to train German air crews in real time combat. much as the U.S."Advised" the countries around Vietnam.
German pilots flew missions under the disguise of Spain,Simular to the "Flying Tigers" of the U.S.I myself am not a medal guy,but the beauty of these items is hard to dispute! I must say,"This is my idea of "Bling,Bling!!'
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Luft grouping - 12/12/2005 02:29 PM
I have to agree on the 'bling bling'! Those two on the left are beautiful, especially the pilots badge. If I ever see one....

Mark Wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Luft grouping - 02/26/2006 10:14 AM
Geoff

The spanish breast award is a peacetime award (as signified by the white enamel). As far as I know the only spanish breast award for the Civil War as awarded to German troops was the Cruz de Guerra as pictured. Therefore I do not believe your award is Legion Condor related. Frown

Could you show more of your Spanish Cross?
Rich

Description: Cruz De Guerra
Attached picture PB120795.JPG
Posted By: Geoff Ward Re: Luft grouping - 02/27/2006 06:40 AM
Richard ! Thank you so much for your comments on my post you have finally answered a question that has been nagging me for years!!I have been on a mission for years to put together a display featuring the photo of a Luftwaffe officer and his awards.I began the project in 1989.At a small show in Dallas Tx. I bought an autographed postcard of Hauptmann Rudolf Henne.After several years of searching for the correct match in the photo(Which was a bit fuzzy in this area of the picture)I spoke with someone who told me this was the award "Order of military merit"In looking back I can see how the award was missidentified Due to the shape,and size.I would like to obtain a copy of the correct order and perhaps provide a very nice example of the badge I have, to someone who may need one .Richard,I will post more photos of the cross soon .Thanks again for your help! Geoff.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Luft grouping - 02/27/2006 04:57 PM
Geoff

Happy to have helped.

Rich
© Your new forums