UBB.threads
Posted By: Ju88 Hey Roland - 05/26/2006 09:03 PM
Is everyone so mad at you that they won't write on your forum anymore? Big Grin

This is my favorite beer drinking stein. Other than just being a nice one(at least to me), does it appear to be any kind of a rarity?

Attached picture st2.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/26/2006 09:05 PM
Other side

Attached picture st3.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/26/2006 09:06 PM
Middle side

Attached picture st4.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/26/2006 09:07 PM
Bottom side

Attached picture st1.jpg
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 02:32 PM
Thanks for all of the help.
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 04:43 PM
nice Stein...not military or regimental..but nice never the less...the label on the bottom says "handgemacht" meaning hand finished...I cant make out the large green stamp...but most likely is says something like Gerz, but I am pretty sure it is not Mettlach(the cadillac of beersteins) the cupids with the hopes are a very symbol often seen on beersteins...and of course the hunter returning from the hunt is always popular...very nice stein.

as for the beerstein forum being slow...it has been that way since my son took of with my digital camera and I am unable to supply a lot of pics...I hope to change that in the future sometimes...but when you cant post new pics it tends to become boring...

as for the fellows ostracizing me...that is ok too...I am just an old warhorse not willing to send people to war...been there, done that...look at my atavar pic...its people like Quail, Bush and Cheney who all dodged the draft in some form...they will hang you out to dry.
And I can have differences of opinion with most of the fellows in the forum(in other words a civilized exchange)..The ignoramuses are few and far between...and if they dont want to have an exchange of ideas...smile...their lose. Openminded fellows like you are always welcome...its when I get called a traitor when I get off...and you are not one of those.
http://members.aol.com/mm27176th/index.html

if you go to Stories and read stories 23 through 25 I think are the numbers you will see where I was at on May 15th of 1967. That is between you, me and the beerstein regulars...no need to tell everbody else...Roland.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 04:57 PM
Not a problem. It is best to keep the political discussions over there.

Write for a while, get tired of it for a while, get curious, and go over there and read for a while, get anoyed, insulted, or aggravated, and write for a while.....over there.

It is a viscious circle that needs to stay.....over there.

Personally, your beliefs are of no influence to me on any other thread, as the rest are for the collector of the corresponding items. I write on a lot of them because I collect a wide variety of items.

As for my stein, I just like it, and use it almost daily, It looked different from most that I see, and I noticed that the lid was similiar to some of these from the TR era, and figured I'd ask about it.

No hard feelings, and your help is always appreciated.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 05:30 PM
Very interesting site. I tried to sign the guestbook.

At least now I understand what the avatar is now.

Respectfully yours,
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 05:55 PM
I have only just now read the stories. I don't suppose there are many words, but your sacrifices are greatly appreciated.

I raise my stein to you.
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: Hey Roland - 05/31/2006 09:39 PM
Roland ,I also wondered what the avatar was.Thanks for clearing it up something to be thankfull and proud of.You have the right to say what you want as "you were there and done that" Cool
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 06/01/2006 12:18 AM
thank you both...was nothing...just doing what any American would do...Roland.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/12/2006 08:34 PM
Hey Roland, where ya been?

I just poured a Zlaty in one of my 'new' lead crystal mugs, and am awaiting the storm.

Attached picture beer1.JPG
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/12/2006 10:38 PM
Hey Roland, where ya been?

I just poured a Zlaty in one of my 'new' lead crystal mugs, and am awaiting the storm.

Attached picture beer1.JPG
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 06/13/2006 12:07 AM
send the storm...the beer I mean...up my way...looks good...that is some gooood stuff...the Checks learned something from the Germans...looks so cool...man I might go home early and have a couple of those...your SteinMeister...Roland.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/13/2006 01:39 AM
Wow, why did that double post 2 hours later? I didn't do that.

Hmmmmmmm....or diiiiiid I?

Nope, I didn't. That's odd.
Posted By: Ed Martin Re: Hey Roland - 06/13/2006 03:22 AM
And the storm hasn't even hit yet Big Grin
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/23/2006 03:53 AM
What's up, Rolly? Every time I tip a stein I think of you, and I'm tippin' one right now.

When are you gonna post some of your immense collection? Remember, I only go back so far...
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 06/23/2006 02:28 PM
hello ty...whenever Eric (my older son) brings back my camera that he took to Ft. Jackson last Xmas...smile...I hope he sees this...I also need help with taking good pics...let me see something...maybe I can find my latest aquisition...Roland.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6289...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Hope you like it...it cost enough...the first engineer stein with this locomotive I have ever had a chance to get...notice there were 33 bids.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/23/2006 04:48 PM
I guess eBay got mad, as the listing is "invalid" now. I just had a fellow contact me about a few more TR steins. I will show you as soon as I get pics.

I might have to email them to you directly, as I am having some type of problems either posting pictures or starting new discussions.
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 06/24/2006 12:28 AM
let me try once more

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6289...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I hope it works this time...Roland
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 06/24/2006 01:43 AM
Wow, Roland, that is a fantastic piece of artwork there. Congratulations on an excellent win.

Looking at that bid history, it looks like you worked for it, as well. One thing that I have learned about ebay, if you really want something, you have to bid what you are willing to pay, not what you wish you get away with paying.

I live for the day I can see your 'stein shelf' Big Grin,
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 07/03/2006 04:13 AM
Hey Roland, I recently came across a few steins, simple ones and non military, but with DRGM stamped under the lids.

Is that of any significance, like meaning from the TR period?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hey Roland - 07/03/2006 05:33 AM
Congratulations Roland! That is one great stein, I'm kind of partial to trains also . JohnJ
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 07/03/2006 06:51 AM
thank you john...the ultiment compliment always comes from people who know about these steins...I paid an arm and a leg for this one...my first RR stein BTW...and I love it...thanx for your comment...your SteinMeister...Roland.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 08/26/2006 11:35 PM
Hey Rolly, my friend. How are you?

Out of a great gang, I miss you the most..... Roll Eyes

Big Grin Big Grin
Posted By: Roland Scheck Re: Hey Roland - 08/27/2006 03:08 AM
hey tj...just came back from Ocean City drinking a few cold ones...after I got back I went into the Helmet forum and agitated the Helmet crew a little...they dont comprehend my simple sense of humor...go over there when you get a chance a read the dialoge on "My Helmet collection" by Skorzeny...really amazing collection...I just could not help razzing the little...Prosit...Roland.
Posted By: Ju88 Re: Hey Roland - 09/08/2006 01:38 AM
Your sense of humor is as real as it gets. I miss it.

I am here in paradise sipping Presiidentes in the warm sunshine. Too bad there are no steins here, only frosty mugs.... Big Grin
© Your new forums