UBB.threads
Posted By: spencer v OLD JOE KENTUCKEY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - 03/31/2008 04:02 PM
HEY GUYS

Spring time has arrived, and I have started to make my weekend climbing trips to the Red River Gorge for some of the best Rock Climbing in the world. I will try and post some climbing photos. Anyways a friend of mine has moved to eastern kentuckey to climb full time, and bought a house from a 95 year old Gentelmen. My buddy went out back to check the shed out. When he opened it up he found bottles of un opened whiskey. He wanted me to research this old Joe bottle for him. Any one out there collect or knows some one who collects old whiskey.I did some research on old Joe, and i guess its now called Four Roses Burbon. Thanks.

Attached picture old_joe_whiskey.jpg
UC

Attached picture uc_of_bottle.jpg
UC 2

Attached picture uc_.jpg
BACK OF BOTTLE

Attached picture back_of_bottle.jpg
BOTTOM OF BOTTLE

Attached picture bottom_of_bottle.jpg
FED

Attached picture fed_law_stamp.jpg
TAX STRIP 1

Attached picture tax_strip.jpg
TAX STRIP 2

Attached picture tax_strip_1.jpg
TOP OF BOTTLE

Attached picture top_of_bottle.jpg
THE BOTTLE HAS NOT BEEN OPEN
Posted By: Gaspare Re: OLD JOE KENTUCKEY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - 03/31/2008 05:42 PM
Underoof Distilling Co.,,100 proof! ,,bottled 1955...
Errr,Hhmm,,must be smooth stuff Roll Eyes Big Grin Wink

People collect everything so its probably got some value.. Your 5th photo shows what looks to be a crack and the bottle looks empty... Any bottles full? still sealed?
Hey Gaspare

There is no cracks that i see anywhere. Some of the whiskey has leaked out a little bit, but i can't see where. Im going to keep searching.
LOL, If i remember right Four Roses was (or is) the equivinent in wine terms to Thunderbird or MD 20/20.So im assuming Old Joe is not one of the premium Whiskeys.Kind of a last resort type thing.
Posted By: Gaspare Re: OLD JOE KENTUCKEY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - 03/31/2008 09:45 PM
Spence.probably just a seam on the bottom..

So, its 52 yr. old Bourbon,,,,and,,how many bottles do you have??,,,
,,I can get ahold of some Coke and ice! Big Grin Wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OLD JOE KENTUCKEY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - 03/31/2008 09:57 PM
Bourbon in the bottle remains as it was bottled. Only the time in the cask contributes to smoothness. Since it's in the pint bottles, we call them "weekend specials" in Tennessee. You would put one bottle in your overalls and it would last the weekend if you was a sipper!

Nice old find but if the stuff tastes nasty, I would not drink it. The chance of a killer headache is very real.

Mark Big Grin
Posted By: Dave Re: OLD JOE KENTUCKEY STRAIGHT BOURBON WHISKEY - 03/31/2008 10:10 PM
I'll bet that Old Joe would work well for taking that green slime off SA and SS daggers. Big Grin

Dave
© Your new forums