Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
ASmith, Stephen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Because my book is taking so freaking long,,and because of more and more of my friends getting ripped off on rings I've decided to show some of the current best of the best superfake private purchase rings..Rings that with some ageing,messing around could pass as original!

Because of time restraints I'll have to do this a little at a time, photos when I have the chance..

Remember, we are talking about copies of good known patterns.
Orignals have histories with fine provenances such as period photos in wear,,direct family and or vet [German or US] acquisitions,,period advertisement,,honest confirmed ground dug.

Lets start with this pattern/design...This is a fairly common skull ring.
Usually marked with silver content of 835.. If your lucky enough to inspect one in hand, also try to get a good photo for your files as there are some very slight varients.
They were well made pieces. Even a worn example you should be able to see that it had good details and was finished well.

*Over the weekend I'll post a photo of an actual original example..

This is a wartime period advertisement for the ring we'll be featuring:
Liked Replies
by Ric Ferrari
Ric Ferrari
Hello,

here's a LW repro ring that in my opinion well deserves this Gallery.

Of course if you compare it with an ALPACCA one original, repro is a bit smaller as expected.

Please note fakers didn't care erasing ALPACCA marking, before adding 800 silver content marking.......and the well known "pearls" left by casting process.

Ric
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
and again we haven't had any in a while,,,So..

2 patterns. These aren't really SuperFakes,,they are not that good!,,but,,with a little work, some embellishments, engraving, and some good ageing etc. these could cause a problem. Beware!!
1 member likes this
by Triggerself
Triggerself
Also very dangerous fake

PART 1
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Haven't looked at this topic in a long while!! These SuperFakes are really good some of them would still fool many of us..

So I'm adding the U-Boat ring. It has its own topic but it really needs to be warned about,,,the link. Even has a period advert to add provanance! crazy

https://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=358050#Post358050

This is dangerous.. Most of ring collectors are short on KM rings so this just might make you grab and go maybe too quick! Its a nice looking ring,,,too nice! wink
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,979 SS Bayonets
1,762,787 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,809 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/26/2024 05:45 AM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Mine service metal insignia.
by derjager - 04/26/2024 01:00 AM
Rings & Things for the MAX
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 12:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,065
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Honestmike, Vern, Stephen, Evgeniy, ollar, maybarker, 12472), 771 guests, and 188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod