Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
seany
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by [email protected]
[email protected]
Hello what is the verdict/opinion on F. Herder Rohm SA/SS daggers with the horizontal maker mark....? I thought the traditional thinking was/is that these blades were produced but never assembled....? They are NOT a listed maker of Rohms on this site or any other that I can find Rich Ab Herder is.....I remember that Tom Johnson used to sell loose F. Herder crossed keys SS blades I had a mint full Rohm SS F. Herder that Paul Hogle examined we couldnt fault the motto but considered the dagger to be unsellable and it was returned but the dagger looked great and period I have a friend who has just purchased a full SA F. Herder with crossed keys maker mark and F. Herder in line with inscription. These usually turn up on auctiion sites like invaluable etc. opinions welcome cheers and best Ryan S
Liked Replies
by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Those transversal marked F. Herder Röhm SA blades are not 1933 made, but postwar production. Many are now found with attempts to age the blade, but their quality still look horrible.

In the case of the "normal", F. Herder mark, the blade is period, but with the Röhm inscription added postwar.

F. Herder never made Röhm SA daggers and you will never find a ground or partial Röhm by this maker, only these fake full Röhm's are popping up now and than, during the past decades.

Best regards,

Herman
1 member likes this
by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
Over the years I have seen several F. Herder full Röhm blades mounted in original daggers grips, Dave.

But, unlike for all the correctly identified makers of Röhm SA daggers, I still have not encountered a single ground nor partial Röhm SA-dagger, with whatever mark by F. Herder on its blade.
This is enough for me to conclude that they did not exist in 1933.

Best greetings,

Herman
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,628 SS Bayonets
1,764,108 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,881 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS Directory Black Book
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 04:22 PM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Latest New Posts
SS Directory Black Book
by Dave - 05/06/2024 06:10 PM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 03:11 PM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by Billy G. - 05/05/2024 08:49 PM
NSKK dienst dolch
by OWN - 05/05/2024 06:08 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,672
Posts329,136
Members7,527
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (Texasuberalles, Tanker, Documentalist, seany, ado, Nietzsche, The_Collector, Jonesy, fliegerassi), 564 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod