Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
Evgeniy, Stephen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#356880 01/05/2023 5:11 AM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
So,,we know supply isn't whats is was. Most of us depending on auctions to get rings.... It is the most expensive way but other than a show not too much we can do.... I really suggest you try and make a big show here in the US or in your own country if there are any...

We can network together to see who is liquidating etc. but that though one too...

So it will be slim pickens this year or 2023.. Well I hope those of us who are going to move a ring at least offer it here to one of our members first.. We can also help a member sell a ring if need
be..

We are all in this together guys whether we like it or not... So lets get on the ball and if we find rings we're not interested in you can post them here as maybe another member would be interested in it.

Happy new year guys and good hunting to you,,and be careful!...., G..
Liked Replies
#357225 Feb 8th a 03:00 AM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
after taking with some collectors I'm going to make the following post:

Well news is news and sometimes not always good..

Ring collecting was always a niche collecting subject area. Not many guys going after them or when found in a big haul they'd dump the jewelry as quick as possible... I'd say since 10, 7, years ago ring collecting and 3rd reich jewelry in general has become more and more popular...
These things like all the other things we collect -daggers, cloth, insignia, helmets , medals/badges etc there is a finite amount made... It is not a never ending source... So currently we have a large amount of ring collectors around the world..
Pieces have been getting harder and harder to find sadly.... Myself, I'm happy if I get one or 2 pieces a year. I have a large collection so its even harder to find anything..

For the new people who have become interested in collecting rings it can be quite depressing! Ring after ring they buy or look at having been deemed fake/fantasy etc... They look for the harder to find patterns which make it worse.. Forums are great as they/ we can get to see authentic pieces and learn what to look for...
Some have nothing but continue to hunt.. I suggest ,,,yes its nice to find that SS or cool skull ring,, but sometimes you have to build... I still see the wound WestWall spiral rings for sale inexpensively.. Most of the times under $100... Do you own one? Why not? Want to concentrate on SS or skulls? Good luck! IF you buy/build these better pieces will come. Don't know why it works like that but it does!

IF you see a Spiral WW ring,,,or one of the other pattern WW rings why not get them.. They are real,,you will have something authentic to study.. I'm not saying to break the bank on one. Although there are some really great looking WW rings [see sticky!] ,,,, . IF its inexpensive ring I'd suggest buy it! I guarantee,,you will be happy with it once you get it. It will get the ball rolling!

Keep up the hunt... When buying get the photos. Compare the ring with other authentic patterns from the forums and ,,,post and ask questions first! I realize you want to get it fast,,,but a few bad buys and you'll be collecting comic books [not thats anything bad]..

- Go get them guys!
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,680 SS Bayonets
1,760,364 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,809 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Spitzer Stuka Etch Opinions
by RookieSA - 03/29/2024 09:58 AM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Latest New Posts
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) - 03/29/2024 03:20 PM
SS honor ring. 1936.
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 03/29/2024 03:12 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 03/29/2024 02:54 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) - 03/29/2024 02:52 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Stephen - 03/29/2024 02:00 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,653
Posts328,725
Members7,504
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
13 members (Ian, Documentalist, Herman V. (aka Herr Mann), Stephen, sellick8302@rogers.com, hdmarley, RookieSA, Baz69, Fitzer, JEAN-PIERRE, Dave, benten, Vern), 558 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod