Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
ASmith, FortyTwoe, Stephen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by FortyTwoe
FortyTwoe
Hello guys!
Interesting in buying this ring.
Skull is empty.
What do u think - original or fake?

Gaspare, u r best, ty for u answers!
Liked Replies
by Mike (aka Byzanti)
Mike (aka Byzanti)
Here is one I recently got in a lot of miscellaneous items
2 members like this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
42.,,,There are plenty of guys here with very good experience with rings... Evgeniy and I met many years ago in Kiev. We both still collecting rings! - We have members from all over the world that have been here also for years and collect rings, and,, know their stuff!
- I agree with E. ,, That is a very nice well worn, 'been there' authentic ring.. - A good known pattern that is very old [early 1900s]...It can sometimes be tricky but after awhile you get the hang of collecting the good ones instead of the bad..

- So,,this at one time had 'gems' in the eyes. Usually Ruby [red] or sometimes Emeralds [green].. 99.9% of the time they are just colored glass!. You can find period and older advertisements for this pattern,,photos 'in wear' etc. With this skull and band type it is a early one.......Nice find,,,hope it doesn't cost a fortune.

Dave,,I'd say he's just like the other new members ,,checking their rings what they have and/or checking before they buy,,and nothing wrong with that. wink
1 member likes this
by FortyTwoe
FortyTwoe
Here’s new ring, which I bought. Same type, but other stamp. UFO skull smile
Have no doubts about originality, it looks good. Nice digged ring from ww2 pos.

For Gaspare - 130$ smile

And ring from first photos have eyes now xd
1 member likes this
by Stephen
Stephen
Originally Posted by FortyTwoe
Here’s new ring, which I bought. Same type, but other stamp. UFO skull smile
Have no doubts about originality, it looks good. Nice digged ring from ww2 pos.

For Gaspare - 130$ smile

And ring from first photos have eyes now xd
That is a nice, original ring and a very good price. I paid a lot more than $130 for the same pattern several years ago, albeit mine is in better condition.

Regarding being dug or not, I wouldn't believe that claim unless I personally witnessed it coming off the unfortunate owner's finger. Too many TR rings are claimed to be ground-dug. Problem is, there is rarely any proof of it being buried during the war. You neither know when it was buried nor by whom...

Why do you call it a 'UFO skull'?
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
, - yeah some have that alien look to them! grin

- That skull is a very old pattern. Theres a Russian[?not 100% sure?] advert that is around 100 years old and has that pattern skull! - Used and was popular during, the early days of the 3rd reich. But soon sometime around the start of the war they started changing. The newer one used,,having the distinguishing features of the face was the upside-down heart of a nose... I'm not exactly sure [and I'm still researching about why] but it was abruptly done to all skull rings.

When your looking at Skull rings with 'Gems' in the eyes,,well there were only a few different cuts that were being used back them... There is a topic here about the different cuts used during the period.
,really worth the time doing a search on!

Being dug or not has no bearing on anything.... Ground dug is not a provenance for authenticity period.......

- Price is good. Some ask, or I do for others that are staring to collect so they will get some idea..... - I'm basically done collecting. I love what I have. There is a pattern or 3 I'd love to get and if its meant to be God will put one of them in front of me! wink grin
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,265,112 SS Bayonets
1,763,118 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,862 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/26/2024 10:05 PM
Rings & Things for the MAX
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 08:30 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Ric Ferrari - 04/26/2024 05:52 PM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,073
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dean Perdue, stingray, Mikee, Dave, C. Wetzel-20609, Jonesy, Vern, Eric26, Luftbud), 594 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod