Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
kingtiger, Tanker
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#354094 03/18/2022 7:33 PM
by Tanker
Tanker
Has the market improved since AS's book came out? Wonder if it would ease concerns on sales. Ron
Liked Replies
#354154 Mar 25th a 05:13 PM
by Antonio Scapini
Antonio Scapini
Yes Ron, but if someone knew how they were made I am curious to know the way he used... Since it took me years, and not simply looking at one or two. I spent hours and hours making comparisons with tens and tens of rings, then hours and hours on microscope to find flaws and apply the reverse engeneering... And, the most important thing is that even using SEM there are some points that are still inexplicable.
Furthermore I have never seen anyone posting comparisons and explaining all the inconsistencies I highlited in the past with the "accredited" theories.
So please, let me be curious about the other ways to study rings. I am not kind, I know, but I am always happy to learn more and to help and share what I find.
1 member likes this
#354190 Mar 28th a 03:17 PM
by Dave
Dave
Antonio, please tone down your messages.

Actually, it was you whom I asked to explain how the rings were made
1 member likes this
#354191 Mar 28th a 03:35 PM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Well we have the 1st and 2nd type HRs.

Evgeniys HRs are very well made both in look and quality... But look at a 2nd type authentic HR and that tells you it wasn't a simple investment/lost wax cast.... - *Antonio I'd say your book is a close as we're going to get without a time machine! Many who have read it and understand the science like it.. I showed the book to a local jeweler and after 15 min flipping thru said 'WOW', This is a weird ring for whatever reason'.

He doesn't know nazi theme pieces but knows, mass production press method, lost wax [both vacuum and pressure assist], 'pie plate' multiple manufacturing, and he said its none of them..
What puzzles him is that no 2 are the same microscopically but show some matching traits.. We aren't talking just the hand finishing,,it was other things he saw.. We know the skulls were a piece on their own so there is conformity. he mentioned the bands are puzzling and agreed with the books findings.
It's very easy to criticize something without actually reading/seeing the findings. So unfortunate for Don its wasn't how he says they were made.. Many of you agree no matter where you are around the world,, some of his certified HRs are not authentic.

So name calling, criticizing [especially when you have not seen the book] is just unfair and its another person like Don who for years made plenty of money assuming things and is claiming to be a expert for whatever reason..

Anyone is always encouraged to offer a theory on how they were made. . But so far it is just calling another's findings wrong without offering their theory...
Be careful out there guys. General consensus on authenticity most of the time is dangerous. 20,,50, years from now a good aging on Evgeniys HR and it too will be authentic!

SO,,IT is very simple - , are there any of you out there with the book and after reading it totally disagree? and why..
1 member likes this
#354218 Mar 30th a 01:52 AM
by Dave
Dave
I can remove the yellow if requested by the poster

This contest between Antonio and Evgeniy is getting old. No one is getting answers to their questions

And I am getting email suggesting the the last part - NOT about the original subject - be deleted.

What do you think, Gaspare ?
1 member likes this
#354221 Mar 30th a 02:04 AM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
OK guys... Yes both members are good guys that we've all appreciated in the past. Construction is still a 'hot topic'. We know Antonios point of view.. And kind of know Evgeniys although he's saying it more to it.....

- Here on this topic for now we'll go with the agree to disagree route. IF, if a member has a theory on construction your always welcome to find the old topic OR its fine to start another . Like the movie,,,'explain it like I'm 6 years old' grin So get your finding or even just thoughts and lets read them.. As for now:

"Has the market improved since AS's book came out? Wonder if it would ease concerns on sales. Ron"

* Really the market has been slow the last few years. Dons certs are meaningless now... Covid,, the bad economies around the world. Mainly what has been scaring some sales are the mixed consensus we see on various forums, FB, etc. IF we can get some theories going on construction along with Antonios on a different topic that would help sales..

I think the guys with good condition 1st pattern HRs you can just about say its a 'one looker' . - They are selling better I've noticed.. * Ron,, you have a one looker to me.. When its time for that ring to move on I don't think there will be any sale problems...

- 1st pattern,,,2nd pattern,, would you guys agree it affects sales?? My opinion,,I think it does. . Seems a 1st pattern will out sell a 2nd pattern given everything the same..... . My opinion,,,what do you guys say? Difference in a Sale a 1st against a 2nd??
1 member likes this
#354244 Mar 31st a 05:34 PM
by Antonio Scapini
Antonio Scapini
Originally Posted by Tanker
I don't think those pics prove one way or the other. From what I can make out it could be dirt, grime or nick.
Ron, please read my post: in the book there are several evidences, just look at them. All the statements I write here are fully supported.
I have to prove nothing here, and I don't want, all is already supported in the book and explained in a logic way that is not possible to replicate here.

Anyway, that is not a nick (just look at the dimension and the shape; irregular borders are not nicks, nicks cannot happen that way!), nor grime. It is a missing piece of metal. Some are 200-400 µm.

Exacly as happened in other rings.... Or do you think someone excaved several rings with a mini tool just excatly inside the engravings? Just kiddin', it is impossible to obtain those shapes without leaving traces around the borders of the missing parts. A nick or hit simply move the metal, don't remove it, especially in a so small area. It is physically impossible to remove pieces of metal, like they were a layer, from a pressed or a cast piece. So, I am sorry for those who think rings are one piece made, because they will never find an answer for this.

Furthermore the XRF analysys confirm the metal composition of the inside is different from the central band (why if it is not made of multiple layers?). And again: the inner layer composition with tin make not possible to use X-rays with the same intensity of every other silver ring (made by casting or pressing). These are solid evideces with the bonus they were released by specialized firms (and reported in the book).
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,780 SS Bayonets
1,762,156 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,115 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,034
Members7,518
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (atis, chevalier2022, Documentalist, Don Scowen, Stephen, Dete), 615 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod