Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
Stephen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#348846 03/15/2021 5:13 PM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Well hopefully the new book on the SS Totenkopf Honor Ring will be edited, printed and distributed for sale this year! I've also heard it will be printed in English!.. Also I think Gerd will be rebooting his most excellent WestWall ring guide...

I think the publisher is the same that offered to publish my project. I had sent him some pages to read and he liked it and send back the tester pages on how it would look from him.
I do like it and if I end up publishing It would go to him.. The book would have been so big he suggested when we met to make it 2 volumes! 1st being - 'The beginners guide to 3rd Reich finger rings' [or similar]. 6 Chapters,,from fakes and how they are made to authentic and how they are made. Authentic and reproduction/fantasy rings will be shown. Many examples will have period advertisements , period photos in wear etc. and a 'Specials' chapter that will make your day.. 2nd would be the 'Advanced guide to collecting 3rd reich finger rings'.

- *See the manuscript has been finished for over 2 years now! After I was done I had several emails, calls from collectors I told about it saying it would be terrible to publish it. That it would help the counterfeiters way more than the collector..
- Really, I could not decide so I left it be in limbo. Personal, health, etc. and I just haven't thought of it lately at all. Clearing out some old photos from my laptop, saw these I thought I'd post for you guys to have a look see...

* Still have to come to the decision whether it will help or hurt the collector. . . The 1st Mollo books years ago on SS insignia had them shown in their actual size,,even RZM tags. The books were used by the nefarious to counterfeit the insignia and many,,many got burned over many years!. Same had happened with Iron Crosses, Dog Tags and more... For me this decision is a very hard one to make..
- Any of you have an opinion please go right ahead and post..[and IF you like the pages here!]

- So this is a tiny bit of the Authentics chapter. 'The WestWall / WestFront rings'. The chapter has many rings shown, period photos, advertisements. . So again, this is a tiny bit of just this subject area ring. There are many many more, Organizational, Skull, Patriotic, etc. etc.
Liked Replies
#348848 Mar 15th a 05:19 PM
by Gaspare
Gaspare
the publisher produces a hard cover book, glossy ,color photos. Quality product.. These are all just tests. The actual pages will be even better if done..

There are a few general pages.
- Each different subject area ring will have brief history, examples shown and the ads, period in wear photos, etc..

Here's a couple more.
1 member likes this
#348857 Mar 16th a 03:17 PM
by Antonio Scapini
Antonio Scapini
Agree, as I already told you my friend, this is the only way to let everyone get his own knowledge. Fakers no need a book to improve their work, they will improve it with or without your book.
All the books are made to teach something, if no one had ever published one, we all would be much more ignorant. Everyone of us bought tens of militaria books, and learned a lot from them.
you'll save a lot more money out of collectors' pockets than they would spend on fakes without your books. Be sure of this.
1 member likes this
#348871 Mar 18th a 07:12 AM
by polop
polop
there's an old saying, publish and be dammed. please get your book out there. mike
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,967 SS Bayonets
1,762,782 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,803 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/26/2024 05:45 AM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Mine service metal insignia.
by derjager - 04/26/2024 01:00 AM
Rings & Things for the MAX
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 12:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,065
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (Vern, Stephen, Evgeniy, ollar, maybarker, 12472), 740 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod