Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
ABTmRw, ASmith, DeLano80, Evgeniy, Stephen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Alexander
Alexander
Hello!

I'd like to make my first post to this form a bit of a big request.
I'm looking for someone who makes reproductions of honor rings that can personally size and inscribe them.

The story behind my request.
Although I know very little about the specifics, apparently there is an original honor ring in the family, I personally have never seen it, but I have been told by my now late grandfather and surviving older uncles that it belonged originally to an ancestor of mine named "Heinz Badenhop" my mother's family in America still carries a modified version of the original name as "Badenhope" an attempt at making it easier for English speakers to pronounce correctly, although it still is always butchered. He was (as I've been told) and as I've been able to find out through limited research with records and family letters and the German War Graves Commission's search ability. Born in 1924 in Gilten and fell into soviet hands very late in the war. He died/was worked to death/was executed in Soviet captivity in 1946.

As stated above, I have never seen the original ring, and can't fully verify the tale, but regardless would love to have a reasonable reproduction of it made, they are all very similar in basic appearance and only the inner band differed from ring to ring in the wide sense of things. I'd like a very good replica made, something that honors the man that originally wore it and earned the right to wear it. I do not want something that is so convincing that it could be sold off as a real one though, something well made and very real looking, made from the same quality metal and cast correctly, but not a fake.

Does anyone know of someone that does custom made reproductions that could be sized correctly for my finger and that could be inscribed with his family name in the correct font and everything. I'm unsure of its original award date, so I will just choose a random date that fits within the timeline that he was likely to have been awarded it.

I've heard good thing about a gentleman named "Hapur" that makes customized high quality rings in the original materials with original equipment, but can't find any way to contact him or know of anyone who does.

Any idea of the costs involved?

Any information anyone can give would be very much appreciated!

I'd like to end this with a statement that I am not a "nazi" or believe in what they fought for, but I did have a-lot of family that did, 13 of them were killed in WWII in service to Germany. I have no respect for the ideals that they may have fought for, and I'm sure to an extent they didn't either. But I do respect them and honor them for the very real sacrifice that the rendered unto their people and their nation, I've never liked how people talk about all Germans and German soldiers of the era as monsters. They were ordinary men doing what they thought was right for their nation. And I can respect that. I have many of their grave sites pinpointed and plan on visiting a few of them each time I travel with every new trip I take to Europe.

I'll end this with an interesting but unrelated picture of my Great Grandfather (Johannes Friedrich Heinrich Badenhop) posing for a picture with his friends during the first world war.
Hes the shorter gentleman on the bottom, second from the left. He did, thankfully come home, and brought a-lot of mental scars home with him. He left for America in the early 1920's leaving most of his family behind.

Many thanks and best wishes of a happy thanksgiving
-Alexander Ross
Liked Replies
by Mikee
Mikee
E,

You are definitely perfecting your art. I agree with G you do have the best ring out there. Good job!
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
Was made copy of engraving from Karl Wolff ring
IMO look very good
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
and some shots to text...
This type of skull, it seems to me, was a search for a new design, which also continued in 1939
2 members like this
by hapur
hapur
Long time since I was here last time. Finally had a little free time to make some new dies.
2 members like this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
-
- E. , All from photographs !! Yeah it came out magnificent!. One of the best reproductions out there offered for sale!

* Evgeniy,,, I congratulate you on all your hard work . It really shows,,,it is a work of art,,,,thanks for showing us!,,,

- A Happy Peaceful New Year to you..., Gaspare
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
I present a copy of the Sepp Dietrich ring itself, I repeated the smallest details and curves of the ornaments, it is unlikely that the current owner will allow this ring to be copied ever, so this is the most accurate copy that can be made.
The ring was made from photographs, based on a copy of the ring of 37, the skull from this ring was also copied.
On the original, the teeth were almost erased, I decided to make them more detailed, but I didn’t fix all the other nuances, such as a chip on the tooth, and a dent under the eye
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
silver ring with gold 14k skull (type 37), looks unusually ))
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
I finished reconstructing the skull from my original 1938 ring and made a copy of it. A lot of time was spent on clarifying the lost details, as well as understanding that the wear also touched the chin of the skull and the chin was a little worn, perhaps the owner wore another ring, which was erased.
I was looking for a similar skull for a long time in order to make a reconstruction, finally such a copy was found, and although it was a ring dated 1940, I sometimes meet such inconsistencies, most likely there was a good blank that was used to make the ring in 1940, all these divisions for a year is a pure convention, but it’s more convenient for me to explain the situation. And although we know that no two skulls are the same (because they were subjected to a very large manual refinement), nevertheless, I rocked a skull that would be as close as possible to the skull from my 1938 ring, in the end I found it and made a reconstruction. But I tried to show everything in the photo, as well as to present the skulls from the rings of 1938, they all have a similar type, as you can see, but of course this is not the law, there are rings of 1938 with skulls of the type 33-37.
From the remaining traces of cut teeth, I found out (in one of the photos I schematically showed their location) that there were 5 teeth in a row.
2 members like this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
As sing in song "With a little help of my friend" , I copied, restored and finished new skull - 1940 year, surname cant show, sorry ...
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
And final editional of Dietrich skull
IMO look the best !
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
yes it was, but it was done unofficially, by the owner of the ring, for example rubins
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
Hi to all!

I’m new here, so let me present to you…

I’m from Italy and 8 years ago I bought the Antonio Scapini book with an Italian made ring copy in 925 silver:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

After 8 years of wearing, the ring looks like new but now it’s too small for me, so I ordered another one in bigger size from the same site. What I received it’s uncommentable, ahahahah:

1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
Thanks!
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
restored skull from original ring of 40 year
1 member likes this
by ed773
ed773
Things here in the US are very different now, than before covid.
I now live in Missouri. Seems when I buy something from New York or New Jersey, it will take 10 0r 11 days for the USPS money order to get there.
But I receive the package back in 6 or 7 days. Same thing to the North West also.
Many businesses here are still using Covid and Truck drivers excuses for there lack of interest in doing there jobs. The NEW USA.
Ed
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
@ ABTmRw

Sorry, I read only now your question

I ordered a 13 size (22,2 mm) that’s perfect for my finger ring

I wear it on the right with the skull not facing me, for personal reasons

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
WoW!! , that came out very good.

I would say you as of now you probably have the best copy in the marketplace ! .
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
[that original 40 is a small size!]

Very interesting to see the different wear on the 38s.. With some rings of 38 that you mentioned with the early skulls it is probably just Gahr not wanting to waste and using a skull from a prior batch.

- Your restored copy came out magnificent! I congratulate you and your hard work and thanks for posting here for the members to see....
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Good to see you Hap!!

- Yes, That is a real fine couple rings you made there!
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone

So, I sent the comparison to the vendor asking for a replacement and finally I received a nicer ring, specially made for me:

But after this experience I started to search for a better quality copy and I found Evgeniy, initially I was a bit afraid to order from Russia because the actual situation, in fact the first attempt to send money to him with online bank transfer was a failure, the second attempt going physically to my bank gone fine.

Evgeniy starts to work and later sent me some pics of the finished ring: it’s a beauty!

The first attempt to receive the ring was a failure: the Russian customs sent it back to Evgeniy without any explaination. The second attempt gone fine and this is a comparison with my new Italian made ring and my new Evgeniy ring!

1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
I’m absolutely in love with my ring, I wear it everyday and I can’t stop to watch it every couple of minutes ahahahah now it starts to get some patina and the inner layer it’s a bit worn

When I can afford it, I will buy the others too!

1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
Es rings are so good that I think one day in the future when these HRs display honest wear and tear and all of us have gone to our rewards that these will be looked upon as authentic!

There used to be a lot of info here on the Japanese reproductions. We had a member from Japan that claimed to be making them and even had a website.. - It was pretty much those rings we started using the term SuperFakes.....

Years ago there was a problem and we lost many back pages . You might get lucky though with a few searches and a old topic about them show up..
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
That,,,,,,,IS cool looking!!
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
Mix ring with a golden skull and a shank from a ring of the 1930s. smile The photo below shows the original ring, from which the skull type 40 was copied, which is why I called it type 40, because the date of delivery on the ring is 20.4.40. This copy was kindly allowed to be made by my friend, for which I thank him!!!
The skull turned out very well.
I think you see everything in the photo.
1 member likes this
by Mikee
Mikee
E,

Awesome job, you make the best rings out there!
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
This effect of the eye sockets on the cone can also be seen in the Sepp Dietrich ring - there are also very wide eye sockets, gradually becoming smaller.
And also a protruding strip under the lower teeth - on the lower jaw.
I think the restoration turned out very well.
P.S. some white points not deffects just crumbling blackening ))

To be continue ...
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
I decided to conduct an experiment and accelerated the mechanical wear of skull 36, as I already wrote, if it wears out like the original skull, it will look the same 😁
The eye socket and nose hole are small, like in the original ring)))
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
I finished restoring my 1936 ring and made a replica of the skull and the ring itself.
You can compare the accuracy of detail repetition in comparative photos.
Separately, I would like to dwell on the skull: perhaps some may think that the skull is different from the original, but there are important details here.
The brow ridges were restored, the contours of which remained on the original ring, the nose hole looks larger, but when taking a very close-up photo, exactly the same contours remained on the original, it’s just that the blackening remained only in a small depression and therefore the nose hole does not look big on the original.
The eyes are also large, I analyzed a photo of another original skull from 1936 in very good condition and noticed that the eye sockets had a cone-shaped cutout, i.e. there is a wider radius on the outside and a narrower radius on the inside.
This is why the eye sockets on the original skull are so small, because the brow ridges were erased (worn out) and the diameter of the eye sockets decreased, I also made the eye sockets widen and if you erase the brow ridges on my copy, there will also be small eye sockets there.
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
With so much confusing info on the HR,,, and the latest book was a low print run and not promoted correctly I still say,,,,,,,, one day E. when me and you are long gone some of your HRs will be thought of as originals! wink grin [they lookin good!]
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
Hi!

I ordered 6 rings from Hapur for me and my friends with a personalised engraving.

In this case I choose Hapur ‘cause we don’t need a perfect copy of a Totenkopfring, but a good Totenkopfring repro to personalise and wear, at a very affordable price.

So, finally they are arrived!

1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
Since I have a Totenkopfring by Evgeniy too, I hope you will appreciate a comparison.

Hapur’s ring always on top or right in the pics, Evgeniy’s ring always on bottom or left.

Here we go!

1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
I cannot agree that just a matter of taste ...
Crooked runes of sigs, large b -saggels, as in general, the ring itself, ugly skull.
As I wrote earlier, this ring is not a copy, but made based on Totenkopf, all the details are far from the original, this can be seen even in this comparative photo.
And my rings are copied from the original rings (except Zepp Dietrich) and have a scale (height, width and thickness) like the original
1 member likes this
by Evgeniy
Evgeniy
Wow, yes, I see you Simon, of course you right smile !
1 member likes this
by Gaspare
Gaspare
I agree... Haps ring is a good copy. Also good for guys that just want wear a 'Skull ring'......

- Evgeniy's ring is a near mint copy of an authentic Honor ring.. It's art work.. They are looking real nice Evgeniy!
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
The weight is the same:

Evgeniy’s ring is a perfect 1:1 copy from an original Totenkopfring, the finish is great and the black is deep. The silver tone is shiny.

Hapur’s ring is a very well handmade ring that reproduce in a good way a Totenkopfring without copying it 1:1. The finish is good but the black is more greyish. The silver tone is darker, aged like.

Choosing between them it’s a simple matter of taste!
1 member likes this
by Simone
Simone
Hi Evgeniy!

I mean that not all people are interested in buy an “expensive” ring (I know that your rings are the best and not overpriced!) and prefer buy a cheaper one and happy with it…

I said that choosing one or other is simply a matter of taste ‘cause not all have the same needs

So, I think that your rings are the best 1:1 copies but an Hapur’s ring it’s good for who simply wants a “Totenkopfring like ring” handmade and with a good quality (I doubt that exist better Totenkopfrings in quality for that price…)

My english is bad and I cannot explain better what I mean grin
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,260,997 SS Bayonets
1,759,990 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,274 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Imperial Navy daggers
by Baz69 - 03/16/2024 11:46 AM
Nazi pennon?
by Stephen - 03/16/2024 10:45 AM
Helmets to Pots...
by Fitzer - 03/15/2024 09:53 PM
Tank Tread Skull Ring
by Stephen - 03/14/2024 06:34 PM
Some Rings
by Gaspare - 03/11/2024 11:36 PM
Latest New Posts
Private purchase skull rings
by Gaspare - 03/19/2024 12:04 AM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 03/18/2024 09:19 PM
Some Rings
by Gaspare - 03/18/2024 01:58 PM
Euthanasia'
by Dave - 03/18/2024 12:11 PM
M40 helmet info.
by Dutchman - 03/17/2024 03:37 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,643
Posts328,600
Members7,494
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (AntonGrabbe, jean, Miroslav, Herman V. (aka Herr Mann), maybarker, Ilya), 275 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod