Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Thread Like Summary
derjager
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#241452 03/14/2011 3:54 PM
by Krullies
Krullies
I mentioned it before, but I didnt have it and couldnt actually read it. Now I can and I like to show it. Here is a Preu�ischen 1. or 2. Leibhusaren Regiment Pelzm�tzeverzierung, with the book "Freiwilliger J�ger bei den Totenkopfhusaren" underneath it. The book Freiwilliger J�ger bei den Totenkopfhusaren truly is special too. Totally beautiful, the impressed cover! Not much pictures in the book, only 2 drawings, and a very few little vignets, but, together with this skull, gorgeous! The skull is from about 1900-1910, far as I know, and the story in the book is maybe 80 years before that? But, the book itself is from 1909, and the 2 together really need nothing else to make a superstunning display. The skull too, is very very nice, if you like Totenk�pfen it doesnt get better then this big epic skull, truly!

Friedrich Lietzmann was born in the Pommern city Kolberg at the Baltic Sea, and, already in 1807 he suffered from the horrific war and the french troups invading his land and place of birth. In 1813 he became voluntary J�ger in the Totenkopfhusaren Regiment and lived many adventures in Germany and the Netherlands in 1813 and 1814. Later Lietzmann became officer in the Preu�ischen Bl�cher Husaren Regiment, guarding the borders during the Polish revolts. In 1831 he got too ill and resigned from his Preu�ischen Husaren Regiment. Its very special, this 102 year old book! You can read a bit here.

Thers a very curious and playful big dog here that always helps making shots less eazy but somehow weird enuff fun anyhow? Hes very black and very furry and has a massive eternal-wagging tail, sorry for one of his hairs in pic 2, must''ve missed it. If anyone has anything Hussar at all, and wanna share, please show ..

Enjoy,
KR
Liked Replies
#243454 Apr 19th a 09:27 PM
by Krullies
Krullies
Well thank you Sir! But too much credit maybe? And also, I don't do anything too popular *LOL* But that's OK actuly, it sortof makes more sense that way. Go on then, husars, if we speak of them, we surely can't leave out the person on the horse in the shot below;

Yes! That's Prinzessin Viktoria Luise , the Kaiser Wilhelm II's daughter. Her full names/titles are Prinzessin Viktoria Luise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte von Preu�en, Herzogin zu Braunschweig-L�neburg, Prinzessin von Hannover, Prinzessin von Gro�britannien und Irland. As 7tth child and only daughter of Wilhelm II and Auguste Viktoria, she was head of the 2. Leibhusaren Regiment Preu�en. Imagine this, a woman, leading this regiment! Even before women could vote! This was when the women's Suffrage movement was very busy fighting for our rights! Don't shrug, it's pretty amazing, and suffragettes like Emmeline Pankhurst are pretty amazing! You can see Viktoria Luise in uniform on the lovely white horse. If you look very very close, you can see August von Mackensen there too, the most famous hussar!

There are skulls in this topic, so, let's look at her Pelzm�tze;

My favorit card of her! Somehow the scanner makes it look weird, sorry .. Very nice Pelzm�tze Beschl�ge, the Preu�ischen Husaren Pelzm�tze Totenkopf! There is also a BW-version of this. You can see also a white thingy sticking out dangling from the hat. This is a Kolpak. This colour-version, shows the colour of hers; white. The colours of kolpaks tell about the regiments of the hussars;

1. Leib-Husaren-Regiment - Red
2. Leib-Husaren-Regiment - K�nigin Viktoria von Preu�en - White
3. Husaren-Regiment von Zieten "Brandenburgisches" - Red
4. Husaren-Regiment von Schill "Schlesien" - Yellow
5. Husaren-Regiment F�rst Bl�cher von Wahlstatt "Pommern" - Red
6. Husaren-Regiment von Goetzen "2. Schlesisches Regiment" - Red
7. Husaren-Regiment Wilhelm I. "Rhein" - Red
8. Husaren-Regiment "Westfalen" - Light blue
9. Husaren-Regiment "2. Rheinishes Regiment" - Blue
10. Husaren-Regiment "Magdenburg" - Red
11. Husaren-Regiment "2. Westfalishen Regiment" - Red
12. Husaren-Regiment "Th�ringen" - White
13. Husaren-Regiment Kurhessen "K�nig Humbold von Italien" - Red
14. Husaren-Regiment Landgraf "Friedrich II. von Hessen-Homburg" - Red
15. Husaren-Regiment Hannover "K�nigin Wilhelmina der Niederlande" - Yellow
16. Husaren-Regiment Schleswig-Holstein "Kaiser Franz Josef von �sterreich und K�nig von Ungarn" - Yellow
17. Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regiment - Red
18. K�niglich S�chsisches 1. Husaren-Regiment "K�nig Albert" - Red
19. K�niglich S�chsisches 2. Husaren-Regiment "Kronprinz Wilhelm des Deutschen Reiches und von Preu�en" - Red
20. K�niglich S�chsisches 3. Husaren-Regiment - Grey

The husband of Viktoria Luise, was also a Totenkopfhusar, as Herzog zu Braunschweig und L�neburg, he was in the Braunschweiger 17. Regiment. Below in his beautiful uniform, watch the Pelzm�tze there;

And a lovely shot of them both, where they look real happy! Ernst wears the hussar uniform, but with Schirmm�tze, with little skull;

Another shot of Viktoria Luise in her uniform, together with the wife of her oldest brother Kronprinz Friedrich Wilhelm von Preu�en;

Wilhelm von Preu�en, first child and son of Wilhelm II, was also a Totenkopfhusar. As crownprince, he was head of the 1. Leibhusaren Regiment. The prince also joined the SA in 1932, because he thought Hitler was the way to get him on the throne as Kaiser, but Hitler never wanted back to a Kaiserreich ofcourse. Below the crownprince wearing his Pelzm�tze;

After the war, the prince lived in the Monnet-zone in Germany, and tried to get back his fathers possessions, and rights to Huis Doorn. He never got any of it.

All the names can get very confusing, so, maybe its nice to give a bit of an explanation. Below is the is the Kaiserhaus together. Too bad none of Ina Marie's children are in the photo, one of them is named Herzeleide, a pretty name no? The fifth and sixht child of Cecilie are called Alexandrine and Cecilia, so, this pic dates from before 1915. You can see Ernst August and Viktoria Luise on the left, der Kaiser and Kronprinz in the biddle there, with the beauiful Kaiserin Auguste Viktoria. I added numbers so more explanation below;

The back of the card;

1= Ernst August III Christiaan George von Hannover
2= Adelheid Arna Caroline Marie von Saksen-Meiningen
3= Prinz Adalbert Ferdinand Berengar Viktor von Preu�en
4= Prinz August Wilhelm Hendrik G�nther Victor von Preu�en
5= Prinz Joachim Frans Humbert von Preu�en
6= Kaiser Wilhelm II
7= Kronprinz Friedrich Wilhelm Victor August Ernst von Preu�en
8= Kaiserin/Prinzessin Augusta Victoria van Sleeswijk-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg
9= Sophie Charlotte van Oldenburg
10= Prinz Wilhelm Eitel Friedrich Christian Karl von Preu�en
11= Gr�fin Ina Marie van Bassewitz-Levetzow
12= Prinz Oscar Karl Gustaf Adolf von Preu�en
13= Prinzessin von Preu�en Viktoria Luise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte, Hertogin van Brunswijk-L�neburg and child (Ernst August IV)
14= Prinzessin Alexandra Victoria Auguste Leopoldine Charlotte Amalie Wilhelmina von Sleeswijk-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gl�cksburg and child (Alexander Ferdinand)
15= Cecilie Auguste Marie Herzogin von Mecklenburg-Schwerin and 4 of her children (Wilhelm, Louis, Hubertus, Friedrich)

The Hohenzollern-family, is truly amazing to learn about, it even links to our dutch royalty. But especialy Viktoria Luise, I like her so much. Thanks Joe, for mentioning her to me a few ages ago! I have more cards of her, I read books she wrote, and books by others about her. Been to Huis Doorn too a few times already. Truly a lovely place and very very interesting. I have more cards of her, I just picked a few here. It seems they cant be found for normal prices no more, lately things got real bonkers. Look at this??!!!

Anyone else have a few hussar-cards to show?

Enjoy,
KR
1 member likes this
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,384 SS Bayonets
1,763,740 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,442 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Site Down
by Vern - 05/02/2024 11:55 PM
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:40 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/01/2024 12:40 PM
Latest New Posts
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Evgeniy - 05/03/2024 03:53 PM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 05/03/2024 03:26 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Evgeniy - 05/03/2024 10:17 AM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,669
Posts329,088
Members7,524
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Evgeniy, Dean Perdue, C. Wetzel-20609, Vern, Jonesy, Stephen, Documentalist, [email protected]), 465 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod