Ryan.,,, its tough camp with Honor rings! With some of the much older dealers who are friends they have their kickback network.. I wouldn't write it on a whim,,I've seen it first hand and probably you to a degree too....

- And,, it could be with anything we're interested in,, daggers, Cloth, medals & badges, uniforms, flags,,anything!! With C.O.A.s your usually working with daggers, high end SS cloth, personality items. Oddball stuff too, 3rd reich silverware, Holocaust, ID tags, etc.etc.

OK,,, how it works , a quick example , -* A dealer that knows daggers. Gets asked by a customer/collector about the dagger and wants a COA.. Asks the dealer whos table he was at,,,who could have said on the spot - 'hey kid, I've been buying and selling this type dagger for 30+ years,,the dagger is 100% good ,don't worry about it'. -
BUT,, he doesn't,,,the dealer sent him over to one of the 'Dagger Gurus' who proceeded to give the young man a piece of paper saying 'This dagger is 100% authentic and I offer my lifetime guarantee'! and $300. later everyone is happy including the dealer who sent the young man to his friends table. That dealers steak dinner was free that night..

I once seen one of the dagger gurus give a COA on a Wolchowstock he sold on consignment.. Believe me,,this dealer knew very little about the item as I overheard him talking to his friend on what a weird item it was and how the hell could anyone say what is real or fake about them! [which someone can whos experienced with them].....

- * SO,, is that terrible? What if it was a $50 kickback [which I've seen too] is that better?. NO they are both pretty crappy to do to a young collector. Most COAs aren't worth the paper they are printed on. 'Lifetime Guarantees' ask the guys with all the 'famous German' expert COAs who has been out of the hobby for years now that their certified Iron Cross is a 'Floch fake'..... When I first started posting here I wanted nothing but to break up this 'cabal'. I hoped to a degree on some things I and others have succeeded..

Sorry for my rant guys. A bit of advice: Forget about making a ton of money buying and selling this stuff. ALL the COAs in the world aren't going to help with that. Buy what you like,,what interests you.. Invest in some reference books.. Look at some of the same pieces at various dealers tables [looks are usually free].. Make some comparisons,,,check the various internet forums... THEN make your purchase. You'll have fun, be confident in what you bought,, and have your prize!!