To comment further I brought an HR to a very well known, published, long time and mostly respected dealer at the SOS, showed him the ring and the very first words uttered were "You will have to show it to Don Boyle" His name still carries weight..... I am cognizant of the "issues" and controversary surrounding many LOA and COA. Having said this I was NOT suggesting any particular individual or source. When you are attempting to sell such a high end high dollar item surrounded by stigma as Honor Rings those buying, for the most part will want some form of authentication. This can come from from many qualified, accepted and respected sources. I believe that this is still "beneficial" to obtain the best price. In terms of "need" one need only look at this very forum to see the myriad of posted examples where a complete lack of consensus from the well intentioined forum "authorities" either condemned a ring or caused confusion by those who said fake" then altered an opinion or said "good" only to alter later to bad........ This I know from personal first person experience. cheers and best to all....!!!!!! RS