For my 5000 posting here I did want to show something more special. After years and a significant change in laws I could gain the ORIGINAL diplomatĀ“s dagger this certain portepee has been worn on during the period. Once dagger and portepee had been parted (it directy did come out of the household of the former owner/wearer during the period) because the former buyer of the dagger did not know the true purpose of this portepee. Now both are reunited.
Even more I also could get the promotion document of the person who has worn this certain dagger with this portepee during the period. Now we know, that at least at the grade of "Amtsgehilfe" (office helpworker) this certain portepee had been proper. The document bears the ORIGINAL hand signature of Ribbentrop(!).
It is said (in the hosehold) that there could also be a proper hanger (reputedly a black leather hanger) but up to now it has not surfaced...
I know that there is litte interest in these special things but for true collectors this might be a highlight. I personally have seen such a portepee only for 3 (or two, if one time it has been one and the same) times in the world...
Regards.