Now believe it or not they actually reproduce this thing!! Made of Zinc,,or a plated brass... The real one, the authentic was actually real Iron..

No real finish on it . Maybe a touch of black in the iron cross. Adorned with slogan something like 'helping the fatherland with gold for iron donation.. There is also some letters under the cross. I don't know what they are,,maybe the designer [?]... Also has 1914 and D.H.G. on the band ,,,,I also don't know what the DHG stands for .. There is also a N.Y there. New York? .. Not sure on that because the box says Jersey City. Also inside band is Pat. [for patent] Nov.24 1914..................

Here is the inner band and one from my collection that was new in box. being over 100 years old it looks a bit rough but its the box for the ring..

IF I messed up anywhere bad here Please someone help and correct my with my history and whatever else is funky.. Otherwise,,enjoy the ring, box etc.

Remember,,originals are really iron,,the band edges are sharp and I've heard they only came in 3 sizes..... So enjoy...