for many years of studying rings I've come to some conclusions..

One is.. Advertisements.. In many they'll show a few different designs. Whether from the back of a magazine,,or from a jeweler,, or 'Canteen; Supply,, it seems you could pick out a ring or a pin [that maybe wasn't in stock] and in a couple weeks time the ring would be delivered to where you ordered it for pick up.. -

- BUT,,sometimes you would get a notice saying,,'sorry for inconvenience but this style no longer in production please pick out another from our stock'!..
- Well years ago I found out there were some designs/patterns that were only line drawings / never made... .
A base cut for a die but not finished for the particular ring... IF, if enough orders came in the die was finished, a working die made and a 100 or so made....

In the 80s when I still had a connection to a large German jewelry firm,,and a German Retailer this was confirmed to me. Some rings seen were never made,,,and some rings listed as made from a certain material were not in the material listed... I have narrowed it down to 3 I'm 99% of..! BUT maybe I'm wrong... This is one of the stronger contenders.

* Here is the advertisement and design for the ring... IF any member has this exact pattern in any condition I'll give a reward of a few period PC sized photos of German soldiers/officers etc. that I will send to you!!
- SO, prove me wrong and post the ring!!, nice clear photo now! grin