Well no expert, none of are expert in any of this as we weren't alive when they were being produced.. Some of us have been collecting a long time . Dave [maybe I'm mistaken] you must have many years collecting blades... I've collected WWII 'stuff' since the 70s. So 40+ years..anyway,,

As far as Skull rings.. Who doesn't like a skull ring! They've been popular for well over a 100 years. All countries, all cultures..

- The authentic rings come from everywhere. Bring backs from all the Allied veterans, from the ground/battlefields. From German families etc. The counterfeits come from everywhere too! Anything you can make a buck on is counterfeited! Militaria, antique furniture, Barbie dolls, stamps , beanie babies!

There is a great monograph on the WestWall rings. History, pattern listing, descriptions. I recommend it and its a free download.. Pretty sure if you do a search its listed here somewhere [maybe on pinned WestWall topic]..................

This forum itself is a reference as there are over 50! back pages to study and opinions from many experienced collectors...