Dear Imperial Aficionados,

Since things have been a bit slow as of late, I'd like to offer this humble contribution to my own forum and even humbler apologies for not being able to tell you all something about my new Hussar Pelzmütze, but alas .... no dice!

I do offer a lovely imperial porcelain of an "Amsel," or blackbird, by one of my favorite German sculptors, Professor Theodor Kärner. Though this piece was originally sculpted and cast at the Bavarian factory in 1914, though, I believe my example to be from the 1920's due to the painter's initials. The animals that Herr Kärner produced for Nymphenburg were some of the finest "Tierbilder" (animal-pictures or renderings) that were produced worldwide at the turn-of-the-century. (no wonder Himmler scarfed him right up, eh? heh ...)

So here we have porcelain renderings that rival Allach in quality, and then before that Meissen, which goes back to Friederich der Grosse. Talk about practice makes perfect ..?
(Meissen was the first European company to perfect the production of porcelain that was equal to that of the Chinese masters.

Hope this might inspire some of you Allach collectors to check out some more of the great German porcelain sculptors of the 20th century, they were some very talented people.

Best regards to all of our collectors!

Bill Warda