Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Honor Ring Forum Jump to new posts
Re: ring of Hans Rattenhuber Evgeniy 02/04/2023 10:54 AM
ring stay in archive of KGB and in 90s years was stolen
3 53 Read More
SS & SA Uniform Forum Jump to new posts
Re: SS Skull & Eagle, the Bad and the ugly. C. Wetzel-20609 02/03/2023 11:21 PM
Thanks Dave,

maybe it should be kept with my CCM Heaton, "M.BRODEUR", made in Canada / fait au Canada, hockey stick, dated "27 FEV. 2004". LOL.

At least I know where the hockey stick originally came from.
2 42 Read More
German Sword & Miniatures Forum Jump to new posts
Re: R.A.Herder sword variants BretVanSant 02/03/2023 08:58 PM
Forgot a photo of the p guard
6 154 Read More
Imperial German Uniforms, Orders, and Decorations Jump to new posts
Re: Very rare medal just 1,708 awarded Billy G. 02/03/2023 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Was this an all-Germany award, or from on of the states ?

Sky, I know about "recovering" stuff. I've 2-3 item hiding out on me right now smile

Dave, It’s from Lippe.
2 960 Read More
Hunting, Forestry, and Shooting Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Kuno Ritter Nicker C. Wetzel-20609 02/03/2023 04:07 PM
Chevalier,

I would like to see your Kuno Ritter, HUBERTUS brand "Weidmannsheil" Bayern-trachtenstilett (Bavarian-traditional dagger), also called "Nicker".

To find the HUBERTUS catalog, search "Hubertus Solingen :: Products", then "Bavarian dress knives", then "Illustrated catalog".

See: Pages 28 through 32 for many variations of "Bavarian dress knives".

Note that the 1936 Kuno Ritter catalog page I posted from Herr Henning Ritter, has Nr. "614 / 10 cm Ro." at the top of the page and I believe it is the fancy "Weidmannsheil" model.
21 5,668 Read More
Welcome - New Collectors Start Here Jump to new posts
Re: New member Mg42rip 02/03/2023 01:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes Gaspare you looked at the 2 on the left at the Max show.
This is Ed the snake guy you met at the show.
Yes I will definitely post some of my collection on the appropriate pages.
Best Ed
3 2,376 Read More
Medals & Badges of the Third Reich Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Kyffh�userbund and N.S. Reichskriegerbund badges. Don Scowen 02/03/2023 12:55 PM
Dug out this image this morning. Another nice shot of the NS Deutscher Marine Bund (NSDMB) breast badge in wear. It's just a shame that the cap badge was left out....

Don
138 150,130 Read More
Re: Winged Propeller Badge Don Scowen 02/02/2023 04:00 PM
Indeed it is & in a lovely condition....
2 66 Read More
Re: Firsdt addition of the year : skul ring "panzer" pattern Gaspare 02/02/2023 03:11 AM
some kind of alignment marks is my best guess.. Both nice!
24 495 Read More
Re: C. Evers, 1927 Schutzen Konig. Gadebusch, Germany C. Wetzel-20609 02/01/2023 09:51 PM
Here is an old picture of the old Schutzenhaus (Shooting clubhouse) in Gadebusch. This picture may have been hand-tinted with color or colorized.

Years later the front porch was removed, recent pictures show no porch.
17 313 Read More
Army, Navy, and Luftwaffe Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Over the shoulder Eickhorn Army dagger Billy G. 02/01/2023 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Gerrit1963
To stay on the save side i would never buy an Alcoso, Eickhorn or Pack army dagger with parts that weren't produced in their own plants.
Patina matches after 50 years + so if swapped in the 60ths, 70ths or even the 80ths you will not be able to tell.

Regards
Ger

Ger raises an excellent point and it’s something we see all the time. Something may have come home from the war exactly as it is but many collectors are put off by something not being “textbook”. I like the unusual especially if it has vet provenance but non-textbook usually means it’s worth less.
6 180 Read More
SS & SA Uniform Forum Jump to new posts
Re: SS Foreign Legion Vern 02/01/2023 01:40 AM
Insignia of the Freiwillige Schutzstaffel der Deutschen Volksgruppe der Slowakei or Ethnic German Protection Squad in Slovakia. Freiwillige Schutzstaffel (‘Voluntary Protection Corps’, abbreviated FS) was a paramilitary organization in the Slovak Republic founded in late 1938. It functioned as the paramilitary wing of the German Party in Slovakia.
1 62 Read More
Historic and Period Firearms Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Flare guns or pistols! Lets see them!!!!! BretVanSant 01/30/2023 01:32 PM
Some I've passed up and really been disappointed in myself for doing so were. Double-barrelled Luftwaffe pistol the guy wanted 475 that was like 1999 or so. At the time I was upgrading many things as the internet was new so I passed.
And about 10 years ago a Japanese triple barrel. the collector was a huge Japanese collector from South Dakota. He was a truck driver by trade but he had a crazy passion for Japanese things. The triple barrel is very unique and at the time he only displayed it. But after he died the family sold it and everything off. I missed it. Only got one piece from his collection. Which was ok I was into buying bicycles then anyway. The old guy took me in as one of his own on the gun show rounds. when he treated most people with distain. He was rough for sure. It's just stuff anyway man! That's one thing I've learned I'd you think you want it and you have the funds buy it. It will be gone in short order. Flip side is if you don't sell it your family will after your gone. When to draw the line is the trick. I been to both sides. Laying in a hospital bed telling your wife what's worth what and who to sell to.
Bret
5 618 Read More
Re: German / Austrian, N.S era Shooting awards. Don Scowen 01/30/2023 11:31 AM
Thanks Joe. I'd appreciate it, I've never seen any other examples, they are however shown in Hüsken's catalogue....

D
140 196,742 Read More
Re: totenkopfrings.com SS Honor Ring Review ABTmRw 01/28/2023 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by Gaspare
Ah,, ok.. Well we know Es ring is a cast ring. Haps is a die pressed ring. Don't think any of that matters anymore..

- anyone that has had to take a bunch of photos of different jewelry will tell you how hard it can sometimes be! These photos will do fine..

I'd say with these 2 examples Es ring is the better if your wanting an exact reproduction.. Both upgrade their rings pretty often one way or another..

It used to be for many many years a die pressed ring would wear differently, read longer than a cast piece.... But with todays casting methods that might not be anymore..

* Thank you very much for the post and the side by side review.. ,G.

Thanks for the info; I learned a couple of things!
10 259 Read More
Flags, Field Gear, and Miscellaneous Militaria and Regalia Forum Jump to new posts
Re: arrow cross, neo nazi or? Duzig 01/27/2023 09:05 PM
Gaspare,
thank you again for your help & reply. The picture I put in with the threads from the flag, I took using a hand held small black light flashlight, the others were taken using a 24 inch black light.
As you mentioned I also see lots of examples of arrow cross but as you say not exactly like this. I agree 100% with you regarding the importance of a country not becoming a big melting pot with nothing clear. No problem on that end. I'll continue looking to find a flag like this or insignia with this exact symbol but as of now, I will classify it as unknown but to me most likely modern, but for what I don't know. It'd be nice to find a picture with hungarian items...and a flag exactly like this. I have looked at various sites with modern day neo nazi & fascist groups but again nothing exactly like this flag. I can't imagine someone made it just for the heck of it because it is well made & quite large. And either way I am glad I bought it. I usually try not to buy repro items but I do like unusual stuff and this certainly is unusual even if not original to ww2 period. If I do find anything else out about it I will surely post the info on here. Many thanks for your help and information.
Bill
5 150 Read More
Re: Puma Nicker, vor 1964 C. Wetzel-20609 01/26/2023 06:20 PM
Hey Gaspare,

you want the Puma Waidmesser model 3591 / 3597.

Some models have a sack sewing type awl instead of the corkscrew and some models have the hard-to-find Philips screwdriver instead of the corkscrew.

Search eBay and you will find these knives. It would be nice to get one in the box (cardboard / plastic) with papers & tag or for the big bucks, get one in the wood presentation box.

Some older models came with a sharpening steel tool.
11 249 Read More
Re: Some WW1 rings to check out: Gaspare 01/26/2023 04:13 AM
Haven't checked my emails in a long time. Shop busy,,still have flood clean up,,[and another maybe tonight!]

anyway.. I had 2 emails saying how these 2 collectors love their WW1 rings and feel safe collecting them. That no one bothers to counterfeit them..

Well, hate to tell you guys this,,but check out this topic:

https://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=294794#Post294794

Its almost 10 years old. Look at how good the first 2 fakes are!! So be very careful guys!! WW1 , WWII, every pattern has been copied at one point or another. Just think how good they are now. Someone good with ageing and you got something that would pass with almost all of us!.
2 103 Read More
Miscellaneous Dagger Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Imperial Marine Dagger? Billy G. 01/25/2023 03:36 PM
I would agree with Wotan, this does strongly resemble the M1890 smaller scale dirks that were used by cadets. What I find interesting is the grip sits directly on top of the crossguard and is not seated in a ferrule or fitted section of the crossguard but this is just like page 57 in Tom Wittmann’s book.

The grip material does not exhibit the typical striations and Schraeger lines found on ivory. The holes definitely look like bone although I’m not sure if bone was available as a factory option or it was a later substitute. Bone was certainly cheaper to procure.

WSchmidt, you don’t show the blade tip, is it blunted?
6 198 Read More
Re: Kieler Woche Gaspare 01/24/2023 09:30 PM
I'll be on the lookout in the dealers tinnie rikers/corners of case etc..

- They really are all wonderful!! [ They'd make great bathroom tile accent pieces! grin ]
7 166 Read More
Re: Eickhorn Nr. 791 (Saufanger) Mikee 01/24/2023 08:30 PM
Wetzel,

Thank you, Not a problem I absolutely love this stuff. Best!
8 404 Read More
Miscellaneous Dagger Forum Jump to new posts
Re: Red Cross Dagger for review Ronald Weinand 01/23/2023 03:35 PM
Wotan is correct in his assessment IMO
2 132 Read More
Collector's Showcase Jump to new posts
Re: Some stuff.... derjager 01/22/2023 09:42 PM
Thank you for sharing.

--dj--Joe
11 332 Read More
Re: S�dd Nicker Dave 01/21/2023 07:29 PM
Thanks,

Next thing you know, it'll be SA then SS.

Dave
14 4,830 Read More
United States Militaria Jump to new posts
Re: X-MAS from the 1st Division 1945 C. Wetzel-20609 01/21/2023 06:48 PM
Here are the last four negatives.

The first negative is very dark of chairs on a balcony, maybe the hotel.

The last picture is a wool Bavarian women's "Edelweiss und Hearts" belt my father brought back for my mother. The moths got some of the belt too.

One military collector put the belt over his shoulder thinking it was for the German mountain troops.
9 501 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Popular Topics(Views)
2,228,787 SS Bayonets
1,729,036 Teno Insignia Set
1,091,271 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS Skull & Eagle, the Bad and the ugly.
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 02/03/2023 10:05 PM
ring of Hans Rattenhuber
by Evgeniy - 02/03/2023 06:02 PM
Winged Propeller Badge
by Hermanator - 02/01/2023 10:33 PM
SS Foreign Legion
by Hermanator - 01/31/2023 10:31 PM
Over the shoulder Eickhorn Army dagger
by Dion - 01/30/2023 07:26 PM
Latest New Posts
ring of Hans Rattenhuber
by ABTmRw - 02/04/2023 04:56 AM
SS Skull & Eagle, the Bad and the ugly.
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 02/03/2023 11:21 PM
R.A.Herder sword variants
by BretVanSant - 02/03/2023 08:58 PM
Very rare medal just 1,708 awarded
by Billy G. - 02/03/2023 05:55 PM
Kuno Ritter Nicker
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 02/03/2023 04:07 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,388
Posts325,229
Members7,289
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
4 members (WWII, jean, chevalier2022, Don Scowen), 115 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod