Arguably, Finland was at one time under Russian control, but Hackman is a Finnish cutlery maker (of German descent) with a long history. Who at different times made bayonets, knives, misc. cutlery etc. etc. Sidenote: Circa WW II vintage Hackman Finnish Army (SKY) bayonets are not marked like this dagger, and the company is still in business.

I know that the Russian Federation (post Soviet) has adopted the old Imperial coat of arms. But as far as I know, the cipher of the last Tsar (Nicholas II) is not a part of that �package�. While not 100% the same as those found on period Imperial Russian officer�s sabers - the cipher (monogram) is that of Nicholas II of Russia. I have a late 19th century Russian naval dagger from the Russian arms factory at Zlatoust (with an ivory grip) that looks nothing like this dagger.

From what I am seeing - to me it looks like a relatively recent attempt to create or market a modern production naval style dagger. That in the process - has somehow acquired an Imperial era cipher. FP