Craig:
I was going to respond to you email and decided to do this publicy instead.
We have known each other since I've been in this hobby. In fact, you were the first GDCer I met in person in the Executive Inn Lobby at the start of the 2002 SOS Show. We chatted in the lobby while your assistant stood dutifully by holding your daggers for you. I was subsequently introducted to this "assistant" who turned out to be Steve Wolfe. Roll Eyes
I all the years I've known you I can honestly say I believe you to be an honest and sincere person who would never knowingly peddle a fake. I have defended you on this and some of the other false accusations both here and in other venues.
You have an item here that is in dispute. I've never seen it and many of the others here have not seen it either. However; refusing to show photos is not going to resolve anything. I believe you're in the position where,as undesirable as this may be, your going to have to do this and let the chips fall where they may.
The only other viable alternative I can think of is to ask Rob to bring the dagger to the MAX and have and independent panel inspect it and render a judgement.

Jim