Houston, I�m not quite sure what to make of your remarks. Is this a call for �show and tell� ? Or is it intended for some other reason?

While I�ve posted an item or two when I thought appropriate. I haven�t sensed any real interest in anything but Third Reich. Which is fine by me. Personally I stopped series collecting Third Reich a while back when I started to lose interest in uniform accessories versus actual weapons of war. (No doubt due to my misspent youth as a gun collector.) It just seemed to me that swords intended to be actual weapons had more history. Of course I kept some reference examples. But as I explained, while they were at one time my main focus, they are not currently.

I hope that it is understood that I�m honestly not trying to divert attention away from the actual topic itself. So pursuant to your request here are a couple of examples for discussion:

The first is my example of a �Prinz Eugen�. Not the modern version, but one from when he was a living hero.

The second one is a presentation sword by the officers of a regiment of the British German Legion to their commanding officer. The British German Legion as you no doubt remember was raised for service in the Crimean War.

Examples three and four you no doubt recognize as the Preu�ischer K�rassierpallasch M1819, and M 1817. I always liked heavy cavalry swords. And because of my ancestry really appreciate their place in history.

I don�t know if this is what you intended. But I�m looking forward to see what in have in the way of comparable examples. If not, I imagine we could always go back to the discussion about the Luftwaffe sword. And especially the Luftwaffe dagger. Regards, FP

Prinz-Eugen.jpg (35 KB, 444 downloads)