Rob nl

I see what has been said about the 84th kill.

I quote, "Schnaufer claimed four further RAF four-engine bombers shot down on the night of 21/22 June (81-84). Hauptmann Schnaufer was awarded the Eichenlaub (Nr 507) on 24 June for 84 victories. He was awarded the Schwertern (Nr 84) on 30 July, with his victory total at 89". What I find very interesting is the interpritation of 84. Was this for his 84th victory, or was it that he was 84th Swords winner?

As an awards man, there are a number of questions that would send me to the corner to contimplate. If his 84th kill, then this puts the order for the blade after 24 June 1944, but then, he amasses more kills and gose up substantially with the swords. This is 30 July 1944. This is 36 days latter than the 84th kill. Bless me, thinking of the award by his Buddies, comisioning, then making, then gifting, 36 days? Smart bit of work. OK then it came latter, do you then give him the gift for past sucess? Perhaps one might have thought lets re think and find another gift. But, In September 1944, IV./NJG 1 retreated back into Germany, being stationed temporarily at Dusseldorf and Dortmund. This meens that the buddies are on the move. Great but the dagger is on the case. Anothe problem raises its UGLY HEAD, naughty boy Schnaufer achieved his 100th victory on 9 October 1944. He was awarded the Brillanten by Adolf Hitler on 16 October 1944.

So from the 84th kill to 100 th kill was 107 days. Three rises in the KC range. The question is begged, how long dose it take to, think, decide, commision, make, send and then present? When the man gets the diamonds, would the dagger for the oakleaves be applicable.