Hey guys I just worked my way through this thread and there are just a couple of things I like to ask you as a german native from Solingen.
First of all, the letters are basically worthless since they stop before we learn anything about wether the exchange took place or not. We only hear that they are talking about exchanging the swords.
Now if they exchanged the swords, Wolf obviousely recieved the real deal and the other guy the remake.
The NSDAP punctuation deal is not to be worried about. NSDAP is a political party and by that it is a noun byitself. Basically an artificially created name that can be used in anyway. Its the same in the US. You can write U.S.A or USA or US of America or just the US and so on.
The etchings should be considered very carefully though since these were made to order. You could choose from standard designs and custom made ones. Now we are talking about a luftwaffen sword and not about a bajonet. I doubt that real flaws were allowed on those.
But something that is always forgotten is, that fakes were immediateliy produced after the war ended. It was a great way for the germans to make money since they were good souvenirs. And in Solingen they knew how to make them. And still today pieces are copied here in Solingen. Sometimes even by using old parts and by pimping them to represent something more valuable.

So i am not saying that this is a fake, it might be a good one, but so far i am not convinced in both ways. I would love to see more detailed pictures of the angle. The detail pictures of the grip dont say anything. Because the grip can be a real one, the only thing that is questionable is the blade, because this makes the difference.

I hope my english is not too bad, didnt use it for quite a while.

Greets from Solingen

Jagdtiger