As usual, Craig, you have shot off on a tangent - struggling to refute my argument about the wording of the NSDAP - by introducing a whole host of irrelevent word variations on badges and tinnies. Yes, there are different abbreviations, hyphenations, and type styles etc., but that isn�t what I stated.

The mis-aligned etching and spacing is bad enough to condemn that inscription - and as I was trained in Typography and Lettering when I was in college in the early 1960s, I have a fair idea of what constitutes professional workmanship - and it is not evident on that line of the inscription.

However the real issue that I express is the change of font style for the singular wording of NSDAP. The main inscription is in the Fraktur German Script. There is no reason to change the font for that single word. The Third Reich practise would have been to have kept the word in the same font as it is a constituent part of that inscription. That it has been shown in a differing font to the rest of the inscription is a post-war innovation.

Therefore I am of the opinion that inscription is false. This is my final word on the matter.

Frederick J. Stephens