Hi,

I was wondering if some of you may have information regarding the Robert Klaas company of Solingen. I�m particularly interested in the WW1 period, but WW2 and the interbellum is also of interest.

The question I have is if Robert Klaas did have its own manufacturing facilities and produced their own products, or were they merely a dealer/trading company, representing other Solingen area manufacturers under the Klaas brandname.

I know of private dress bayonets, sabres and daggers, but I am not aware of any service issue edged weapons with official acceptance marks with the Klaas logo. Do you know if these exist?

When, for instance, looking at the Klaas dress bayonets, would it be possible that these have been produced by some subcontractor, or do they have characteristics which are unique to Klaas?

I am not aware of any clear variations in the Klaas logo, compared to the various Eickhorn logo�s for instance. Do you know if such variations exist?

Any piece of info to get a more accurate picture of Klaas as a dealer or as a manufacturer, or perhaps as both, would be much welcomed.

Thanks,

Kilian